This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels pittting at valve

Has anyone else had problems with there alloys starting to pit/bubble up just beside the valve? its hapening on all my wheels, some worse than others. i am going to nip in past the garage today if i have time and see what they say, surely this shouldnt be happening and i am going to see what they say about recoating them!

I have the VXR artic edition, so its the black coated alloys, must be the coating starting to bubble.
    Last edited by gmartinvxr; 24th January 2014, 10:02 AM.
    milltek full system with straight throu middle section, courtenay panel filter, re-maped, lowered, 19" alloys,

sounds like rust is starting to come through.
    If you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough

Blue Silicone hoses - Pipercross filter & Cross over delete -Midnight black interior - LED lights
    Team Hekos - 3'' turbo back cobra non res - Midnight Black Boot Strip - De-badged

Comment

Yeah but shouldnt be happening, cars only coming up for 3 years old.
      milltek full system with straight throu middle section, courtenay panel filter, re-maped, lowered, 19" alloys,

Comment

My VXR is also 3 years old and got the same problem, also the lacquer is flaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you taken it into the garage to see what they say? dont know weather to take car in to show them today or wait till it goes in for a service in march! hoping to have time today! shouldnt be happening!!

Comment

I've not bothered with mine brought it used from vauxhall and I'm going to get them refurbished any way,

But it should be covered under the corrosion warranty surely ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

pretty sure wheels are only covered for a year

Comment

as above , my centre caps started to corrode , car was 14 months old when noticed , 7K on clock , told they were covered for a year , ended up buying new ones

Comment

Working...
                X