This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust emission light

OK......had my map done yesterday, all was fine on the way home 100 miles or so.

I was in 3rd and I pushed the magic button and flew off. As I slowed down my emissions light started flashing and the car turned into a washing machine, no power, vibrating. I drove slowly to a side road, the light went static. I left the engine on for a minute and then turned her off. Turned her back on and all was fine as if nothing happened.

What happened do you think, has it happened to anyway else and is it SERIOUS?

Cheers guys
    sigpic

Maybe it was just pushing out some "old dust". Give it a thrash today and see what happens.

Comment

Hi mate this is what happend to me also had re map at vpc.
      Was thrashing it well into the red by mistake it was a cold misty night the car was loving it. Almost like i gained 20 bhp then like you say it turned into a 1.2 corsa and it limped home.
      I thought i had done major damage to the engine or something but on restarting it the engine was good as new.
      There was talk of the plugs causing this problem.

Comment

Re: Exhaust emission light

Originally posted by ldargavel
        OK......had my map done yesterday, all was fine on the way home 100 miles or so.

I was in 3rd and I pushed the magic button and flew off. As I slowed down my emissions light started flashing and the car turned into a washing machine, no power, vibrating. I drove slowly to a side road, the light went static. I left the engine on for a minute and then turned her off. Turned her back on and all was fine as if nothing happened.

What happened do you think, has it happened to anyway else and is it SERIOUS?

Cheers guys
        mine did that the first week i had it, i give it a blast and then it just lost all power!! i thought i'd blown the engine at first!! its never done it since i read in the manual that there is some kind of safety feature on the car that if the emissions get to high or something the car will shut down into slow mode until you restart engine, it is warning for you to turn off the car!!. But i will add that i hadn't had my spark plugs upgraded, as they wasn't the right ones.

Comment

does it also have this feature if you were to some how stick it in 2nd at 100mph, as some cars do...like a limp home mode?

im b"ggered if im gonna go out and try it!

Comment

Well mine seems fine now, dont have a clue what it was.

Did anyone actually take theres to vauxhall for a check?
            sigpic

Comment

We've had a few of these (indeed a couple of people on route home from Banbury passing past our door asking for us to have a look at them - lol )

The issue is down to the 02 sensors not being re-set after the remap. All VXR's have a variety of sensors that measure air/fuel, o2 etc etc and these sensors have stored value chains based upon previous runs (a bit like a memory). When you remap a car with an agressive map the intial runs generate wider values on these sensors which lead them to believe that something is wrong so shut the car down into limp home mode. Turning off the ignition and turning it on again resets some of these parameters but the error code is stored until a tech 2 reset.

Or course when we remap a car we re-set these values as a matter of course as part of the post ECU mapping diagnostics and on the dyno run so to avoid this embarrasment as I'm sure all reputatable tuners should do

Comment

The moral of that post I think is go back to Regal and get them to Tech 2 it???!!

If I am wrong SORRY in advance.

Comment

If I was to bring it to Thorney, is that something you could re-set for me as your a little closer. Plus if money treats me good, I may get a dyno down there. Be interesting to see what Thorneys Dyno says im pushing.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, drop it in and we'll sort it FOC.

Comment

omg I cant believe im going to ask this but

whats FOC
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ldargavel
                        omg I cant believe im going to ask this but

whats FOC
                        In my book ........... Free Of Charge

Comment

I knw that, just testing

Cheers Thorney
                          sigpic

Comment

Thorney, whats the price of you dyno test btw?
                            sigpic

Comment

£55 plus VAT

Comment

Working...
                              X