X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A extremely dangerous abs fault!

Hi guys,
    It's been a while since since posted on here. Probably because the car has been behaving so well until yesterday.
    It's developed a real dangerous problem. I'm driving yesterday very calm when suddenly the traction control light started going crazy and the abs lights flashing but also braking harsh on its own. This is continuos on all my journey. Don't even have to touch my brakes.
    Cut long story short a month ago had a new cim unit fitted in the dealers. Every now and then the abs light and traction light be stuck on at first when car is started. I drive 10-20 yards they go out.
    Would the cim unit be the cause?
    I also suspect a small knock when breaking when reversing and it's coming from back drivers wheel, possibly wheel bearing?
    Just want clear this problem before I even take my kids in the car.
    No fault codes stored
    Pads are near new

No idea of what is causing the issue but I certainly wouldn't be driving it, needs recovering to the garage for them to investigate further.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Going to take it off the road for a month use the shitrun.
      Think May be wheel bearing gone.

Comment

mine was a t3w wiring loom that got some water in when i jetwashed it... replaced that and all sorted now
        Previous Owner of the Carbon Edition VXR - Stage 3 [Airtec + Remus] Carbon Alloys and Rocker, Blue 356mm Ksports, Roose CDTI & Black Samcos, PPP Tophat + Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, H&R Race Springs, Black Whiteline RARB, Blue SMD Conversion
        **Audi R8 FTW & Progress thread**

Comment

Originally posted by Bluimp View Post
          mine was a t3w wiring loom that got some water in when i jetwashed it... replaced that and all sorted now
          Where to is that wiring locatated. Worth checking it as we have had a shed load of rain latley

Comment

could be the sensor on the wheel bearing thats broke maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Grantgronow0705 View Post
              Where to is that wiring locatated. Worth checking it as we have had a shed load of rain latley
              in the arch mate... comes out of the hub and into another plug near the arch lining, open it up if its rusty on the prongs its that
              Previous Owner of the Carbon Edition VXR - Stage 3 [Airtec + Remus] Carbon Alloys and Rocker, Blue 356mm Ksports, Roose CDTI & Black Samcos, PPP Tophat + Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, H&R Race Springs, Black Whiteline RARB, Blue SMD Conversion
              **Audi R8 FTW & Progress thread**

Comment

Just an update. My problem was a faulty abs sensor. They're built into wheel bearing as most may know. New wheel bearing kit job.

Comment

Working...
                X