X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas tank capacity

Hello there,

does anyone know the exact volume of fuel that vxr gas tank can take? When my fuel gauge is 1 hairline away from 0 and my trip computer says 10 kms remaining and fill it up it only takes 41-42 litres, but in the prospectus and manual as well as on various technical data sheets it says it has 52 litre gas tank...
    As I am not brave enough to try an go on after it has reached zero I was wondering if there is a reserve after that (9-10 litres???)

PS: Been reading this forum for quite a while now, some great stuff in here... btw I own a blue arden OPC for the past 3 months here in Greece
    Blue Arden Astra OPC

Welcome aboard...... :wink:
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

when mine said it had 10miles to go today it took 50 litres to fill it

Comment

I have checked mine 3 times in a row... I let it go near 0 (some kms left according to BC) and fill it up and it only takes 41-42 liters... The travel consumptions (reseted when filled up with gas) shows 41-42 liters consumed just before the gas gauge reaches zero. This is very weird... could it be a miscalibration of a fuel level sensor?
        Does the board computer and analog gauge use the same sensor to check how much fuel is left (if the answers is yes then a buggered sensor might be the answer)?
        It is pretty irritating too as I have to make quite frequent stops for refueling.
        Blue Arden Astra OPC

Comment

It is pretty irritating too as I have to make quite frequent stops for refueling
          you, me and everyone else on this board....lol

the vxr isnt the 'lightest' of burners!

Comment

Originally posted by VXRich
            It is pretty irritating too as I have to make quite frequent stops for refueling

the vxr is the 'lightest' of burners!
            Not as many as me, I bet...

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR

I bet

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

VXRich wrote:
                Quote:

aahh, but the monaro does come with the unoptional 'alternate dimension' tank added to your original tank, where petrol seems to go, and never return

...or so it may appear to the driver

Comment

It does give the impression that there are more VXR's on the road than there actually are, as you keep on meetin em at filling stations

Currently getting about 25mpg with the Vectra VXR...

dv.

Comment

im getting anything from 0.1g/h to 999m/g, my lowest is 6m/g so far, but then if its like that, im not looking at the screen

id imagine the BO55s' reads in g/m :P

Comment

When dial shows empty can get anywhere up to 50 litres into the car.

Comment

im getting anything from 0.1g/h to 999m/g, my lowest is 6m/g so far, but then if its like that, im not looking at the screen

id imagine the BO55s' reads in g/m :P
                        When I'm "givin' it beans", I've had the Instant MPG down to lLESS THAN 1

Comment

You ever thought of buyin shares in your local petrol company?? Or creating your own filling station in your garden?

Comment

My lowest average is 11l/100km which if my calculations are correct are around 21.5 m/g and highest 15l/100km which translates to 15m/g (moderate to heavy traffic or thrashing it here and there)... 100 octane fuel only (though I seriously doubt its purity)

You ever thought of buyin shares in your local petrol company?? Or creating your own filling station in your garden?
                            No, but I thought of marrying the local gas station owner's daughter
                            Blue Arden Astra OPC

Comment

As reported by the BC Best average so far for a tank of fuel is 34.2mpg.
                              I have used a mix of Shell Vpower and Tesco 99 since picking up the car.

Overall the BC show 28.9 mpg across the lifetime of the car .

Lowest average for a trip was 14mpg, mind that was the day after my Stage II with sport mode on alll day. It was great fun so many thanks to TMS for transforming the car

Comment

Working...
                              X