X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken clutch

4970 non thrashed miles and the clutch has packed in on my vxr,
    No gears and a smell in the cabin that will linger for a long time to come.
    anyone else having problems?

oops

sorry to hear that bud...only 1000 on mine though, id hope it lasts longer than 5!

Comment

Chances are its the hyd cylinder thats started to leak than the clutch either way sure your dealer will sort it for u.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

yeah, im sure this sort of thing would be covered.....a knakcered clutch at 5000 miles isnt normal wear and tear, unless you are Tom Chilton

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
          Chances are its the hyd cylinder thats started to leak than the clutch either way sure your dealer will sort it for u.
          If this were the case then i would like to hope a warning light would illuminate on the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_240
            Originally posted by vxrdave
            If this were the case then i would like to hope a warning light would illuminate on the dash.
            I have since found out that it was the plate that broke! It is under warranty, but still very unhappy.

Comment

Hi! now the 21st of january, car was towed to garage on the 17th december (a sunday) thats 35 days or 1 month & 1 week and there is still no clutch for my car, dont get me wrong good car! [email protected] service. And
              (5 wks for a clutch!! you are avvin a [email protected]*kin laugh aint ya!!) my vxr has became the butt of all jokes with people who know of the story!! along with what clarkson has said & the fact i bigged the car up so much when i got it! i will have to sell it when i do get it back ,just to save face.

Comment

I think you have been very unlucky with your car, I'm now at 6000 miles and no problems, love the car to bits, most fun I've had since I had my RS500.
                You really ought to be giving the dealer a good kick up the backside

Comment

Robbie! the dealer dont a give ****! and niether do vauxhall
                  spoke to them both and the excuse is niether have any control of the parts department. I suspect it is the dealer to blame !! But be honest how would you feel?

Comment

pm sent

Comment

so does this mean vaux dont have a single clutch unit in the uk ???

flippin crap service is that

Comment

go to one of the tuners and have a race clutch fitted mate then let vx foot some of the bill
                        sigpic
                        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                        M.U.F.C.
                        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                          go to one of the tuners and have a race clutch fitted mate then let vx foot some of the bill
                          would they do that chris ???? may have to give ours some more stick if they do :wink:

Comment

send a pm to either Dougie or VXR mothership and ask if they can find out whats going on

I guess the aswerr to the uprated clutch will be no but if you have some on the inside on your side things might move on abit.

Comment

Working...
                            X