This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service indicator on odometer at 11200 miles

I understood the service interval to be 20,000 miles or I year on 06 cars. Mine is now on after just less than a year, but at this 11200 low mileage. Why ?

Mines just come on recently after 9 months and 8000 miles !

Comment

I believe there is a setting in the ECU which determines whether the service mileage or date is approaching and then uses this to indicate that the car is ready for a service? So it could be that dependant on the date set within the ECU the car now believes you should be booking it in for a service. I know with my corsa it went in for a service and after 1 month the INSP has been triggered and will need to go back to have it reset.

Comment

The insp indication takes data from a timer and the odometer, whichever is closer to a service interval triggers it. If you believe that you don't need to service it yet you can reset it your self by having the ignition at on position (engine off) and keep the odometer reset button pressed until it displays
        insp
        -----
        (if I remember correctly )
        Blue Arden Astra OPC

Comment

Originally posted by mxa055
          The insp indication takes data from a timer and the odometer, whichever is closer to a service interval triggers it. If you believe that you don't need to service it yet you can reset it your self by having the ignition at on position (engine off) and keep the odometer reset button pressed until it displays
          insp
          -----
          (if I remember correctly )
          If you find out the correct way, post it in the How To - Astra section

Comment

Not exactly true.....................I picked my var up with PDI miles on only and the inspection miles indicated exactly 17000. This figure did not change from 7 miles on the clock up until its first oil change (approx 1400 miles).
            I asked the VXL service dept why? and they said the same as above, must be due to miles already driven etc etc...
            However the inspect miles started at 17000 and did not change at all until the service reset this figure upon my request to 20,000 miles or so I thought.
            After getting home I noticed the inpection miles is now at 18,000 miles.
            I called VXL and asked why they had not reset the inspection miles to 20K as per service schedule and the reply was we put an earlier figure in to give customers the chance to book the car in for service before the 20K passes, in some cases services cannot be carried out for upto 2 weeks and some drivers may have already done many miles in excess of 20K.
            My Inspection miles have not altered from 18 K since it was reset and I therefore dont believe this figure has any bearing on starts/stops or how the car is driven

Comment

Working...
            X