This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO reset the insp indication

The insp indication is displayed when a preprogrammed number of miles or time has passed since the last service. Some times it is displayed even if the car is in top notch condition so you might want to remove it.
    So here goes...

Put the key in the ignition without turning it. Keep the odometer reset button pressed for about 30-40 seconds (could be less but just to make sure...) then whilst holding the reset button turn the key to ON position (1 position before starting the engine)... hold the button pressed for another 30-40 seconds and start the engine... you can now leave the reset button.
    Oh look... the irritating thingy has disappeared.

Hope this helps someone in here.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that somewhere I read a sorter way to do it, but I have not tried it myself (can't really as I don't have the indication on mine right now) so you might want to try this first and report here if it did the trick.
    1.With the key in hold the odometer reset button
    2.Turn the ignition on without letting go of the odometer reset button
    3. The indication will blink a few times and will then disappear.
    Much sorter
    Blue Arden Astra OPC

Re: Reset the INSP indication

Originally posted by mxa055
    The insp indication is displayed when a preprogrammed number of miles or time has passed since the last service. Some times it is displayed even if the car is in top notch condition so you might want to remove it.
    So here goes...

Put the key in the ignition without turning it. Keep the odometer reset button pressed for about 30-40 seconds (could be less but just to make sure...) then whilst holding the reset button turn the key to ON position (1 position before starting the engine)... hold the button pressed for another 30-40 seconds and start the engine... you can now leave the reset button.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that somewhere I read a sorter way to do it, but I have not tried it myself (can't really as I don't have the indication on mine right now) so you might want to try this first and report here if it did the trick.
    Much sorter
    Shorter, but tried that and it didn't work - that was the 'traditional way to reset it' lol
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Reset the INSP indication

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
      Originally posted by mxa055
      So here goes...

Much sorter
      Shorter, but tried that and it didn't work - that was the 'traditional way to reset it' lol
      I had this on my 04 plate astra sri. Going back to the first method just before you turn the ignition on press the brake pedal down and keep it depressed and it should reset.

Comment

Bloomin eck, what degree of pressue must one apply to the brake pedal and what direction should one be looking whlst this is all going on lol lol

Comment

As Robbo says, you do need to press the brake pedal in, the other way does not work. Tried it last night. Also the longer you hold the odometer button in will vary the time left until next service, so you can set it yourself, (found this out by accident)

Comment

Originally posted by TEACH View Post
            As Robbo says, you do need to press the brake pedal in, the other way does not work. Tried it last night. Also the longer you hold the odometer button in will vary the time left until next service, so you can set it yourself, (found this out by accident)
            how do you know what interval you've set? sorry to resurrect such an old topic!

Comment

I like this as it often annoys me on my zaffi lol
              Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

I take it with keyless you just do same but with the button not a key ha?

Comment

none off this worked for me

Comment

Just tried it with no luck. How do you reset it if your car has keyless?
                    Arden VXR, 19" Anthrecite alloys, TMS Stage 3, Forge FMIC, Remus, K&N Panel filter, Insignia washer jets, RARB, DAP's, Sight and light, Keyless, Forge recirc valve, Percys oil restrictor and breather box, 3 Gauge conversion, VXR front grille badge, VXRonline window stickers and The Origional Percys Airbox

Comment

^^^^^^ x2. mine needs doing

Comment

guys so this is def just a service reminder?????

i had mine serviced december just gone, should they have reset it that then??
                        BLACK VXR CS stage 3, 3" Scorpion, Forge FMIC, Ksports, Quaife LSD, Revos, 3 Gauge, Dynabeams, Forge recirc & actuator, DAP-Rs, RARB, Team Heko's, Percy Cdti, cool running thermostat, Blue SMD's and white LED number plate bulbs.
                        **Progress thread here!**

Comment

yes, they probably forgot to reset it. Its just a reminder.

Just done this after doing a 35k service,

1) Put the key in the ignition without turning it.
                          2) Press and hold odometer reset button pressed for about 30-40 seconds
                          3) Whilst holding the reset button press and hold the brake pedal
                          4) Still holding the odometer reset and brake, turn ignition on
                          5) I counted to 20, let the trip go, started engine, and the display flashed 19k, (so presumably 1 sec per thousand miles)

The reminder has now disappeared. Tried to do it again to set it to 5k, but it wouldnt work (But as said, its only a guide, i know myself when i service my car)

Hope this helps

Comment

Worked a treat for me cheers guys.

Comment

Worked for me aswel
                              Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X