This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New VXR yesterday

Hello, I got my new VXR delivered yesterday and love it. Its my first vauxhall and have defected from usually driving VW's, was a bit worried about the quality but it seems easily as good.

one thing i am a bit concerned about is the power. It only had 12 miles on the clock and I have done about 100 since then but it doesnt seem as powerful as the saab 93 aero that i replaced it with, but should be quite a bit faster. It seems pretty damn fine on the pullaway, its the accelerate away from around 70 that seems a bit unreponsive unlike the saab which just pulled and pulled. the vxr seems like it loses power if i put my foot right down, and if i let up a bit it seems to gain power, almost like a flat spot or if its being limited some how. Is the power limited for the initial miles? I'm certainly not ragging the car, but i do want to give it a blip at full throttle every now and again to make sure it runs in sweetly. surely i shouldnt be feeling this lack of power when i put my foot to the floor?

cheers, and bloody great car by the way! lots of character unlike the saab which was soulless

Unusual, I found one of the most impressive things with the car is its pullaway above 70mph, doesnt sound right to me. Your probably running around 213BHP like most of the other new owners :wink: (see the other threads).

Comment

give the car a bit of a chance to run in, it has just over 100 miles on the clock, once the engine and gearing beds in a bit you should start seeing the power increase and the more miles you do you will become accustomed to its power band and when and what gears to be in to gets the maximum out of it,

congrats on the new car.

Comment

it seems alot of new owners are a little let down with accelleration in some of the gears,me included.
        just another reason to get it on a dyno and stage 2 that mother up!!!

Comment

congrats on the car and welcome , like aussie say's let it run in they do get quicker
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

If thats happenin in 5th gear, Rev to about 5000rpm and then change in to 5th from 4th.... If you change into 5th a 50mph then your not going to go quick from 50mph to 120mph....

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
              give the car a bit of a chance to run in, it has just over 100 miles on the clock, once the engine and gearing beds in a bit you should start seeing the power increase and the more miles you do you will become accustomed to its power band and when and what gears to be in to gets the maximum out of it,

congrats on the new car.
              hows the stage 3 aussie?? and what results did you get???

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
                Unusual, I found one of the most impressive things with the car is its pullaway above 70mph, doesnt sound right to me. Your probably running around 213BHP like most of the other new owners :wink: (see the other threads).
                edited (removed) due to misinterpretation since it was supposed to be a piece of friendly advice...

Comment

I think it must have been because the engine was very tight. on the way to work this morning I gave it few blasts and it blew me away. still smiling now! what a car, i love it! to hell with the fuel consumption, i just dont care when it makes me smile like this.

Comment

i'll drink to that comment mate, couldnt have put it better my self

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSurfer
                      Originally posted by Arden_One
                      I've read a few posts by you now regarding VXR power.

I'd suggest you are very careful :wink:
                      Oh you do do you, and who exacty are you to "suggest" anything to me?

Comment

mumraa

and the rest of you

Its christmas!
                        HeavenlyDetail
                        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

yeh ,peace and good will to everyone man :wink:

as for arden-one if this is P.D why does he talk so much *******s ??

Comment

didnt realise that was that bad sorry , its like im a kid all over again :?

Comment

Working...
                            X