This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Coil Pack

Is the coil pack for the vxr just the block that pushes down onto the spark plugs?. Also how much are these to purchase from vauxhall?.

Thanks,
    Chris

I cant answer the above BUT I'd just like to comment on the service I received from Thorney Yesterday.

I called to get some advice on the emissions light. Cutting a long story short I discovered that my car had a recall and that I was running on dodgy sparks and coil (something I wouldn't have know if I went to a normal dealer)

Got there, took a seat and watched them change the sparks on the car and I must say its more like a show room than a garage. Everything is so clean and tidy, well presented and staff A+. I thought Id see oily bits of cr*p everywhere, but far from it.

Anyway........they fitted the sparks then Tech 2 the car. I was miss-firing on all 4 cylinders. Changed the coil pack, Tech 2, and all was fine again.
    Point is, if I hadn't called for a simple enquiry then my car would still be on the roads miss-firing and doing damage.

Great work!
    sigpic

Comment

Re: VXR Coil Pack

Originally posted by cwvxr
      Is the coil pack for the vxr just the block that pushes down onto the spark plugs?. Also how much are these to purchase from vauxhall?.

Thanks,
      Chris
      Yes, they're about £80 iirc.

Comment

I had the engine managment light flashing on my dash quite a few times when i got my car, didnt recieve the recall notice but took it back to where i purchased it had the coil pack changed along with the spark plugs, and it definetely feels a better car now.

Comment

Originally posted by ldargavel
          I cant answer the above BUT I'd just like to comment on the service I received from Thorney Yesterday.

I called to get some advice on the emissions light. Cutting a long story short I discovered that my car had a recall and that I was running on dodgy sparks and coil (something I wouldn't have know if I went to a normal dealer)

Got there, took a seat and watched them change the sparks on the car and I must say its more like a show room than a garage. Everything is so clean and tidy, well presented and staff A+. I thought Id see oily bits of cr*p everywhere, but far from it.

Anyway........they fitted the sparks then Tech 2 the car. I was miss-firing on all 4 cylinders. Changed the coil pack, Tech 2, and all was fine again.
          Point is, if I hadn't called for a simple enquiry then my car would still be on the roads miss-firing and doing damage.

Great work!

Did u have a dyno run after ???

It would be interesting to see the Regal stage 1 map figures on the TMS dyno !

Comment

I didn't actually. I was thinking about it but there was a car already being Dyno'd plus Xmas is round the corner so money isn't to clever and it was getting late. Traffic last night was ridiculous!

But im sure I'll be back there.
            sigpic

Comment

I didn't actually. I was thinking about it but there was a car already being Dyno'd plus Xmas is round the corner so money isn't to clever and it was getting late. Traffic last night was ridiculous!

Glad you had a good customer experience mate, always do there
              sigpic

Comment

no traffic werent that bad was on the M1 about 7 past the keynes on me up to manc land and it was qt
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy

no traffic werent that bad was on the M1 about 7 past the keynes on me up to manc land and it was qt
                  Man, the A5 sucked!
                  sigpic

Comment

should have come on the toll road then , on the way back only saw 1 car and that was a blip when i went past at 140
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X