This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLACK VXR OWNERS

Is it just me or does black seem to show the dirt and dust the most seems a nightmare i clean it and that night it shows dust etc, is it only bad like this in the winter, and fine in the summer?
    Also seems to show small scratches very easily.
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Is it just me or does black seem to show the dirt and dust the most seems a nightmare i clean it and that night it shows dust etc, is it only bad like this in the winter, and fine in the summer?
    Also seems to show small scratches very easily.

this is the only reason i would never have a black car again....pain in the backside!

Comment

i love black cars , its the best colour to make a car look aggressive.

BUT..... you could say i have a bit of ocd and i HATE having my car looking dirty, this is why i will never ever have a black motor.

believe it or not, white looks clean the longest :?
      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

white cars are the best to keep clean...shame only the corsa vxr will be available in white....id love a white astra vxr

it would risk looking a bit like an astravan though

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo

BUT..... you could say i have a bit of ocd and i HATE having my car looking dirty, this is why i will never ever have a black motor.

Totally agree I love black, and there is nothing wrong with a bit of ocd, I call it therapy :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by wardy
            Originally posted by andy16vturbo

Totally agree I love black, and there is nothing wrong with a bit of ocd, I call it therapy :wink:
            All valid points, but I had been in denial about wanting the colour for about last 6 VX cars.....had to do it this time
            sigpic

Comment

This reminds me of when I had a Vectra GSi a few years ago - that was black, I never realised I had OCD until I got that car. I hated the marks, the dust, the dirt etc.

Cleaning took a full saturday and was of epic proportion and it still got dirty half a mile down the road. It didn't half look good though.

After that I swore never to own a black car ever again. Then I collected the VXR in april, in black......sometimes you never learn!
              Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Black also shows marring the worst aswell......
                HeavenlyDetail
                Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

i have black and its my first 1 and ok its a pain in the winter months cos it does show up the c**p but when its clean ( and im sorry but 2hrs its sparkling ) it is by far the best colour it stands out in the crowd
                  sigpic
                  stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                  M.U.F.C.
                  http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

One thing about black, at least you wont see the tar spots i keep getting on my silver bad boy, i keep finding more and more ,and its starting to annoy me now, keep getting them on all sides of the car and they wont come off even after a good wash, you need to go over it again with tar removal and its very time consuming.................

Comment

hey vxrmarc, is that fat kid possessed or something?, looks like something from the excorsist

Comment

Originally posted by jame-one
                        One thing about black, at least you wont see the tar spots i keep getting on my silver bad boy, i keep finding more and more ,and its starting to annoy me now, keep getting them on all sides of the car and they wont come off even after a good wash, you need to go over it again with tar removal and its very time consuming.................
                        I can't belive it is difficult to wash the tar off. We here in Iceland have lot of different Icelandic products that are super great and it is VERY easy to remove all the tar off (which is so much of here during the winter months). And I have a silver one too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jame-one
                          hey vxrmarc, is that fat kid possessed or something?, looks like something from the excorsist
                          Thats my wife!!!

Chunky but funky on the drums!!!
                          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Doing the truffle shuffle lol

Comment

Truffle or trifle?
                              HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...