This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milltek exhaust notes

hi, im new to this website. been reading alot of the messages and found alot of them really helpful. however there was 1 thing i didnt find out. you see ive had my astra about 7 months and i really want a full milltek but cant afford it as my car recently got smashed up in a tesco car park by alot of little brats, and am having to pay 2 grand to get it repaired. so what i would like to know is, does any 1 know if the cat back system sounds any different from the full system and can i still add the sports cat and remap it to courtenay stage 2 at a later date

you can do the exhaust bit by bit and software later. sorry bout your car mate. i think it will sound a little better but not like the whole system would
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

yes it does sound differant theres a video on here somewhere of a vxr being run on thorny rolling road with cat back and full system and there is a noise differance !

i just cant remember who it was who put it up :?

some one help please

Comment

There are also 3 videos on the Milltek website, I can only describe the noise as a "puposeful" one,it suits the car well.

Comment

Here's mine (C/S stage 2 ) down the straight at Snetterton, sounds great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhTd4...elated&search=

Comment

Originally posted by lampshade
            Here's mine (C/S stage 2 ) down the straight at Snetterton, sounds great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhTd4...elated&search=

Yeah that sounds great! Think i`m gonna have to settle for just the cat-back at the moment and get the rest in the summer. Can`t really afford the full system and im too impatient to wait lol.
            thanx for the help guys

Comment

you should get the pre cat replacement pipe just now as well, i have that and the cat back and sounds good.

Comment

How much would the replacement pipe cost from courtenay?
                Is that the same as the turbo downpipe? Cause i was thinking of doing that.

Comment

Working...
                X