X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Consumption

Hi,

I am new on here and am seriously thinking about buying a AstraVXR. Going to look at one after Christmas. Could you please tell me what they are like for fuel. I am mainly driving round town to and from work etc. Thanks Nick.

I have never got above 22 miles to the gallon. People on here will tell you they get 37 or the car can do this mpg or that mpg, but I have driven it both hard and like a tortoise on village roads and motorways, and all I get is between 17 and 22 mpg.

I once reset the computer doing a constant 70mph in 6th at around 2.5/3k revs. After about 15 minutes I managed 28 mpg. The minute you accelerate or have to change down/up through the gears it all goes to pot though. I think the manafacturers quote is around 37mpg, another "figure" that seems different to reality.

But its well worth the fun you have in the car.

Comment

hi there bristol , i am averaging about 24 to the gallon but it can eat it if you are keen on the peddal which i am but the wife drives it all wk and doesnt use half as much as when i'm in it :? but the smile factor is worth every penny of fuel that goes in it
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I have had mine for 2weeks 2days and done 1300 miles, and only used Shell V power and BP Ultimate, I dunno if its me but im getting 18MPG i travel 8 Miles to work and 8 miles back with Town drivin went to Leicester today and it used Quater of a tank 45Miles round trip, I do seem to think other people are gettin more?????? Not sure tho, But this car is about fun the fuel bill just comes part of it lol.......

Comment

What sort of mileage do you get to the tank. I know it depends on how you drive but roughly how many.

Comment

well i drove up to manchester and refuelled at haydock services 178 miles in 2 and half hours and it cost me £26 quid to fill it back up but the tank wasnt empty
            sigpic
            M.U.F.C.

Comment

Full takn is £43 and you will get around 200 miles. The range computer will say 300 but if you set your clock you will only see around 200, sometimes more sometimes less.

Comment

i get more than that on the motorways more like 250 and thats well over the speed limit oooops :?
                sigpic
                M.U.F.C.

Comment

Yeah maybe on motorways, butg around town it seems different. You know worsy its great to have someone on here that actually shows me a bit of respect and converses without overeacting, misinterpreting or pointing the finger, cheers :wink:

Comment

Thanks for all your replies not as bad as I was thinking then to be honest. Anyone got any pointers to look out for when I go have a look at one next week. It is secondhand but has less than 5k on her.

Comment

no probs arden i'm here to have alaugh just like most of us , will have to check it on the streets to see what i'm getting , not that im bothered about how much fuel i use i love using it
                      sigpic
                      M.U.F.C.

Comment

im averaging about 28mpg but i have an economy map running when the sports button is off.

dont seem to get many mpg when the sports button is on though
                        stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

U got msn worsy?

Check the paint on front bumpper, apparently prone to chipping. CHECK THE WHEELS VERY WELL, I have marks that have appeared from nowhere. I have never kerbed the car but the wheels are just too big and gangly and attract all sorts of stones and crap.

Check the leather bolsters on the seat arent too creased. Check exhaust sits at the right angle. Check rubber tread on tyres, particularly the front...

Comment

Personally have driven car hard and easy since getting it, and after 12000 have averaged just over 30mpg. On motorway if your cruising at 70 your probably better off in 5th Gear rather than 6th.

Comment

I dont agree with that as someone on here said a while ago that the peak fuel economy comes in 6th at 57mph... so a higher speed and higher gear will use more fuel.

Comment

Working...
                              X