This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think

I am thinking about buying this VXR. Its got 4,721 miles, Red, 1 Owner. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Head restraints, Folding rear seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Sports seats, Traction control.

Got the price dwn to £15k

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...iaCAS8BNH5.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...aCAW803KLa.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...aCATKYPFPa.jpg

everything you've listed is standard spec

but

£15k sounds pretty good!

Comment

Agreed, it is actually very basic spec - what about the 19's, sensors, cruise, stereo, keyless entry. folding mirrors, heated seats, xenons, leather, bluetooth, satnav - does it have any of these?

15k a great price though

Comment

pretty good as in good price yeah

Comment

yeh good price and i like the wheels get it snapped up then you can join us in the smile factory
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Would be good to see if the standard wheels came with it? Might make it easier to sell on in the future.

Comment

I would NOT TOUCH that car without standard wheels.........

It says THRASHED to me im afraid.
              HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc

You started on the cooking sherry already?

Your above statement says "B*llocks" I'm afraid...Just cos a car has something other than stock wheels on could just mean the owner wanted something different. Although maybe you could have a point - maybe I got my alloys refurbed and repainted a different colour cos I'm a chav boy racer who cant drive for ****

Comment

duno quite like the wheels aswell, as for thrashed every vxr on this forum has been so i wouldnt be too bothered about that :wink:

just change oil n filter when you get it with genuine stuff and you will stll have 2yrs warranty if anything does go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jon

You started on the cooking sherry already?

Your above statement says "B*llocks" I'm afraid...Just cos a car has something other than stock wheels on could just mean the owner wanted something different. Although maybe you could have a point - maybe I got my alloys refurbed and repainted a different colour cos I'm a chav boy racer who cant drive for ****
                    As you said its my opinion....

This opinion comes from previous experience through my own and friends and my own theory now is i would not touch a car with aftermarkets if i had a choice of doing it myself!!!!!

And the above does say B*llocks im afraid as every motoring journal states the same - steer clear of modded motors FACT!

This does not mean in any shape or form that i am against modded motors in fact it is quite the opposite......stage 2 is possibly in my sights aswell as modified interior but i would rather do it than someone else....

If you had the choice of 2 cars same spec and price and 1 had diff wheels and a few mods which would i go for?

Hmmmmm :?
                    HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Actually i am big and brave enough to stand on a soap box.

After reading this again i stand corrected...

It does not say thrashed to me...this is not an xr3i you are correct....
                      It says modded and given the choice i would rather not purchase it on these grounds but am sure that the car would be fine as has warranty period.....

I stand corrected!
                      HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Well that depends - if the car in question was a VXR and it had Oz SuperTurismo GT's on in place of the stock alloys then I would go for the OZ wheels cos IMO they look the nuts. And from my experience - the best way to check if a car has been ragged is the number of stonechips on the front end (I haven't incurred any new ones in 9 months of ownership) also - the condition of rims/alloys too - I always demand a pristine set of rims whenever I buy a car (new or second hand) and also check stuff like the oil etc and general tidiness under the bonnet and car - an enthusiast usually takes more of a pride in keeping a car in the best condition possible than ragging it for the very reason of keeping it in as good a condition as possible and you can always tell the difference between the enthusiast and the racer - thats my take anyway

Comment

i dont like the number plate...

but other than that, its not like spending £2000 n a 90,000 mile 205 1.9gti

now that would be one thrashed car....hehe

(my friend did do this and has so far broken down with
                          -1 blown head
                          -1 snapped cam shaft
                          -2 [email protected] cv joints
                          -1 broken cambelt

hes only had it a month)

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jon
                            Well that depends - if the car in question was a VXR and it had Oz SuperTurismo GT's on in place of the stock alloys then I would go for the OZ wheels cos IMO they look the nuts. And from my experience - the best way to check if a car has been ragged is the number of stonechips on the front end (I haven't incurred any new ones in 9 months of ownership) also - the condition of rims/alloys too - I always demand a pristine set of rims whenever I buy a car (new or second hand) and also check stuff like the oil etc and general tidiness under the bonnet and car - an enthusiast usually takes more of a pride in keeping a car in the best condition possible than ragging it and you can always tell the difference between the enthusiast and the racer - thats my take anyway
                            And a plausible one too....
                            HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Glad we have reached a common ground Dont worry about me - I was a night of too many different ciders down Wetherspoons as well as their Supersize Nachos with chilli con carni and I feel a little worse for wear and like a bear with a sore head :|

Comment

Working...
                              X