This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ordered the full milltek

Just ordered the system anyone got any idea on delivery time as i think they are closed till jan 2nd
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Re: ordered the full milltek

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
    Just ordered the system anyone got any idea on delivery time as i think they are closed till jan 2nd
    are you having a bash at fitting it yourself?

Comment

yeah i think so bit scared though but i enjoy doing things myself i get a lot of satisfaction. do you know if its straight forward

Comment

don`t have a clue mate.
        but im very interested in finding out how easy it would be.
        im like a lot of owners,can barely afford the car as it is,so doing things the cheapest and a bit at a time appeals to me.

are you thinking of using a ramp or jacking the car up?

Comment

thought i would use ramp and trolley jack with axle stands to support the exhaust while being removed and fitted. anyone know what size the bolts are

Comment

rather you than me!!! whats £100 or 2 to get fitted, when the exhaust is costing 1100 and your messing with a 20k car, if you haven't got any experience in exhaust fitting i wouldn't even bother, (just my opinion)!!

Comment

well yeah i see where your comin from but self satisfaction cant be paid for

Comment

I couldn't bare the stress and the inconvenience if i f***ed it up and anyway its much more pleasurable watching someone else do it and knowing that it is spot on when you drive away!! and watch that slight twist on the tailpipe it has a tendency to just lean over abit to one side :wink:

Comment

im sure it will be fine its only nuts bolts and brut force lol oh and time. really i would much prefer to do it ,myself not only for the satisfaction but i am going to put a lot more care into it than anyone else due to it being my car. Im also interested in fitting things as i always learn new things each time cant justify paying someone to do something i can do myself :wink:

Comment

just take care!! i know its only an exhaust and probably is pretty straight forward, but i like to be covered under warranty for everything i have done or at least be able to get it put right at no cost to me!!

Comment

yeah i will be careful course. just love it when one stands back and is proud to say yeah i done that lol. oh i will be v careful its an awfull lot of moneys worth too

Comment

i take it one can get access to remove and fit new system with trolley jadck and ramps

Comment

had a quick look at the front cat and it has something in the side of it like a plug, is this a sensor of some kind. been trying to see how easy it will be to change over to the free flow pipe

Comment

My 2p is that there are a few vxr,s out there with twisted pipes that are either off centre or knocking on the rear valance.....
                            someone had a thread on here about believe milltek at angle....(i believe)
                            I seriously would take into account what you will do if all stripped off and fitted and rear looks ******?
                            HeavenlyDetail
                            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

i would put it back to standard and seek pro fitting if that was the case

Comment

Working...
                              X