This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone i am new......

Just to say hi to everyone and hope you all had a good xmas.

I live in Aylesbury Buckinghamshire and currently own an clio 182, but am buying an astra vxr in blue or black tomorrow.

Just a few quick questions.

Have you every had a race with a 182 and how did you get on?

What exactly does the sport button do.?

How do you find owning an astra( never had a vauxhall)

Were is the best place to get a good dump valve,

I have hurd Thorney Motor sport are good,is this true ??? i dont live to far away from them.(bout 1hour)

And if i put an alpine head unit in the car does it affect the centre info screen?

Also if you think there is anything else i should no about the vxr please tell me.

Thank you

David

Hello to you!

The sport button makes the control and gas acceptance more aggressive and the carriage gets more firm. It's good for sportive driving.

I love owning an Astra OPC (VXR). It's the best car I ever had. The people are watching it all the time!
    The quality is great, the seats are super duper...You can get all you need!

A head unit by Alpine does not affect the info screen. You would not need to buy a color info display, but you need a display. The alpine head unit would be installed where the Navigation System is placed normally. The display shows you things like temperature and stuff and if you got a board computer all the other stuff. You need a so called "Can-Bus" adapter to control the board computer with your steering-wheel remote control.

Sory for my bad explication, I don't got that perfect English .

Comment

there are a few recommended tuners on here!!, you will find that most people stick with who they use and say they are the best, but to be honest they all do the same thing and yes they probably all do have there own ways and thoughts about things. I personally use TMS because they was recommended to me along with courtenay sport but for me it was about the distance i had to travel and TMS was by far the closest!! I haven't had any problems with them as yet so i have no reason to doubt there service or workmanship.

enjoy the site and the vxr and be prepared for the power!!

The sports button is a surprise!! be patient and it will be worth the wait

Comment

and enjoy the forum

marc
        HeavenlyDetail
        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

yes i have ruined a 182

the sport button puts jelly in your undercrackers the first time you use it. its a mad rush...dont ever listen to anyone who says its a gimmick, they havnt driven a vxr

owning a vauxhall is great. ive had an astra from every range now, excluding the mark one, and never had a problem. there can be one or two shoddy build issues, rattly windows and the like, but other than that, i dont know why people slate them!

the VXR is a very VERY thirsty car!

Comment

The Sport Button makes shivers go down my spine, The sport button i feel makes the steering wheel more alert and the car turns into mental mode....The sport button should be called METAL MODE not sport..lol..

The Vxr is a crazy car, on the M6 sunday i kissed goodbye to a focas and to on the way back from wales on the M6 i guy in a bmw 330 tried it and it was Sport 4th gear and me gone .... People Respect the Vxr.....even if your doin 50mph on the motorway...

Comment

Just to clarify, the sport button does not give any extra power, but firms the steering and makes the throttle more aggressive. If you have ids+ the suspension is also firmed up as well but unless you are on the race circuit there is very little point have the IDS.

HTH

Comment

Thats what i ment lol. What he said .....Sparky...

Comment

thank you for all your replies.

I didnt quite undersatnd weather i can fit a alpine headunit?

Can anyone please tell me if the climate control display will be affected???

Comment

if its anything like the old astra (53 plate) the only thing you will lose from your display is the RDS, station display etc... the computer works from a different system, and will continue to work with a new head unit, however,removing the headunit will not allow you to access the test mode for some information that has proven fairly valuable to me (ie. the temp display)

Comment

Originally posted by VXRich
                      if its anything like the old astra (53 plate) the only thing you will lose from your display is the RDS, station display etc... the computer works from a different system, and will continue to work with a new head unit, however,removing the headunit will not allow you to access the test mode for some information that has proven fairly valuable to me (ie. the temp display)
                      Thank you

Comment

welcome david enjoy the site and ask away people will always give you sound answers , as for the sport button once you have it tuned it becomes lethal if you have it switchable like mine
                        sigpic
                        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                        M.U.F.C.
                        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Hi dave and yes worsy is spot on

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
                          X