X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you remap.

hello

when your remap, will the insurance company no?

is it hidden???

Thank you

they are untraceable by the dealers but when you go in for a service you are better off telling them as they may reset the ecu as most do to refresh things and if they do that your remap will be wiped and you will have to fork out another 500 odd quid.
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

You are very advised to tell the insurance company no matter what. If (heavens forbit) you had a serious accident and they did look into it very closely they may investigate where the cars been and if they where to discover and I'm not saying they would you would be in some serious trouble. For the sake of the extra cost you must declare the mods.

I'm afraid you would be driving around illegally for not declaring all and any mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
        You are very advised to tell the insurance company no matter what. If (heavens forbit) you had a serious accident and they did look into it very closely they may investigate where the cars been and if they where to discover and I'm not saying they would you would be in some serious trouble. For the sake of the extra cost you must declare the mods.

I'm afraid you would be driving around illegally for not declaring all and any mods.
        i no this but my insurance company want another £1000 if i have it remaped.

i am only 21

Comment

how are they gonna tell the only way would be to put it on the rollers to give a read out and they cant do that if its written off. but yeah obviously would be better to let em know, mind you not many people do :wink:
          Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

i think its worth mentioning

imagine if, god forbid, you did have an accident, and went to claim, and from the woodwork pops out a performance enhancing modification, they will refuse to pay outright!

then again, if you cant afford the premium, dont have it done for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
              how are they gonna tell the only way would be to put it on the rollers to give a read out and they cant do that if its written off. but yeah obviously would be better to let em know, mind you not many people do :wink:
              They can find out anything they want to. You know, if you were to have a serious crash, the police can tell, how fast you were going, when you started braking, if your lights were on, when you farted.

Now, if you crash, course serious injury's to other drivers, its your fault and they take your car for tests..................well bye car, bye license and enjoy court costs.

Originally posted by david cobley
              Originally posted by Sparky

i no this but my insurance company want another £1000 if i have it remaped.

i am only 21

I'm 21

3 Years NCB
              3 Points

£1350 Adrian Flux
              sigpic

Comment

I know I know its hard with insurance but to put a very obvious bit in here, you've already talked about it on this site, so........

If an accident was to occur, someone was killed, then bye bye car, license, criminal record possibly, jail possibly, and the fact that you may have to pay compensation,.

Sorry it all sounds very hard but I think most people do declare their mods, their foolish if they dont (and I don't want a thread on who declares or not), but take some advice pay it, or don't do it, or find another company who may insure they mods at a resonable cost for you.

Comment

im with elephant and im £65 a month plus an extra £28 for the year when i declared my exhaust, they also wanted an extra £45 if I remapped it from 260bhp to 285bhp and they work on percentage power increase to work out the cost.

Im 21 with 2yrs ncb, one not at fault claim doing 8k miles every 10months (10 months policy) Mate of mine was only 20 when he got his and im sure he had 0ncb and was paying £1400 with one at fault claim

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver

Hmmmm there is another way however !!!

Insurance companies only need to compare the new remap direct from the ECU against the standard map as supplied.

The parameters will immediately show enhancement & diff from normal default ones & therefore void your INS. After all it is only a tiny little computer program not rocket science as tuners may lead you to believe.

Comment

When it comes round to declaring mods its always best to be upfront, for piece of mind more than anything else.

Comment

I would always tell insurance as last thing you want is to write off the car and end up with nothing back.

If everyone in this country insured their cars properly then premiums wouldn't be so high, unfortunately that will never happen however each person that doesn't is, in my opinion, effectively costing everyone else. No offence meant just my personal view.

Comment

Working...
                        X