This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you fit the bonnet in the boot?

As above, will the Astra's bonnet fit in the boot or is it too wide to get through the opening?

Figured someone must have tried it at some point.
    sigpic

If it wont fit through the hatch into the tailgate, I would assume it could fit through the door on a 3 door hatch...

That's what I had to do with my Corsa D when I got a spare bonnet anyhow.
    Arden GSi

Comment

Think it's supposed to cover the engine Duck !!!!!!!!!!!1 (Banter)

Comment

Originally posted by nicko266 View Post
        If it wont fit through the hatch into the tailgate, I would assume it could fit through the door on a 3 door hatch...

That's what I had to do with my Corsa D when I got a spare bonnet anyhow.
        Looking to pick up a new bonnet, but it's 2 and a half hours away, rather not get there and find it won't go in. Was thinking it may go in through the doors...

Originally posted by c19urg View Post
        Think it's supposed to cover the engine Duck !!!!!!!!!!!1 (Banter)
        It will be, going for a twin engined astra with single seat in the middle. Though with a bonnet front and back, won't know if I'm coming or going!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lashed View Post
          Looking to pick up a new bonnet, but it's 2 and a half hours away, rather not get there and find it won't go in. Was thinking it may go in through the doors...
          Well you could just grab a tape measure and check before you hit the road, I guess I didn't think into it that much I just assumed it would fit and set off to wales... Realised when I'd got there that the bonnet only fits through the door, lol!
          Arden GSi

Comment

Originally posted by nicko266 View Post
            Well you could just grab a tape measure and check before you hit the road, I guess I didn't think into it that much I just assumed it would fit and set off to wales... Realised when I'd got there that the bonnet only fits through the door, lol!
            But with most things on the astra, they're ridiculously tight and only fit a certain way, have got scarred knuckles over the years from working on the car.

I will measure, but figured if someone could say "yeah it will with a lot of f-in and jeff-in" or "it's no problem" it'd save me a job.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X