This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Who are you with and how much are you paying?

I have a standard VXR and i'm 25 with 3 yrs no claims.

Insurance is coming up at the end of january and wondered if any of you have any recomendations???

Ta

Daz
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

www.confused.com

best site for comparing prices

Comment

im 26 with 5 ncb but i have 6 points.

adrian flux who im with at the min tryed to charge me a grand but i can get it down to about 600 on confused.com

come renwewal time im gonna bin adrian flux off
      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
        im 26 with 5 ncb but i have 6 points.

adrian flux who im with at the min tryed to charge me a grand but i can get it down to about 600 on confused.com

come renwewal time im gonna bin adrian flux off
        i have never got a decent quote off adrian flux.
        they quoted me £2600 for me and partner. im 27 and have 5 yncb with no points.
        my partner is 23 with 3 points.
        after much searching i settled on £700 from privelege.
        the last few cars have been through either direct line or privelege(same company)

Comment

try quinn-direct.co.uk

as for confused, its not always the lowest quote they get you!

Comment

been on confused and it's useless, it assumes a lot of things or gives you estimates, you ring them up and they are quoting on SRi not VXR etc.
            Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

i think we should have a sticky on peoples insurance quotes.

with 99% of people on here owning the same car i think it would be a good idea.
              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

i went with adminal, on the net they said £900 thwn when i rang it went to £850 then when i told them about the extras on the car wheels, lights etc it went up to £997 which is not bad for a 21 male with 0ncb...i think.. give them a shot!!!!

Comment

I have always used insure supermarket for all my cars and vans!! at the moment i am paying £ 530 with 4 yrs NCB for me 27 and my partner 26 both with no points. but next year i will have to declare my partner has 6 points and the cars mods so not looking forward to that one

you will also find with this site that prices change every few days, and another tip is when the search engine searches for you, all the ones that are unable to quote, just click onto them and go direct to there site. I have had some good quotes doing this

Confused.com has never done anything close to the quotes i have had :?

www.insuresupermarket.co.uk

Comment

3 Years NCB
                    3 Points
                    Remap
                    £1350

Adrian Flux
                    sigpic

Comment

Another good tip for insurance quotes is if you choose to put your excess to a high amount the price will come right down!! the way i look at it is if i was to have a small bump or a scratch then i probably wouldn't claim, i would only claim if the damage was substantial, so i don't mind paying the first £400 or £500 quid to put it right. I mean how often do we claim on our insurance?? not alot looking at peoples NCB.

something to consider!!!

I spend about 2 weeks before my renewal looking round on the net every day

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
                        Another good tip for insurance quotes is if you choose to put your excess to a high amount the price will come right down!! the way i look at it is if i was to have a small bump or a scratch then i probably wouldn't claim, i would only claim if the damage was substantial, so i don't mind paying the first £400 or £500 quid to put it right. I mean how often do we claim on our insurance?? not alot looking at peoples NCB.

something to consider!!!

I spend about 2 weeks before my renewal looking round on the net every day
                        thats my thinking exactly!
                        i also think protecting your no claims is a must if possible(5 years is required most of the time)

Comment

but next year i will have to declare my partner has 6 points and the cars mods Laughing so not looking forward to that one Crying or Very sad

Why aren't you declaring these changes now?

I hope for your sake you don't have a bad accident in between times, as your insurance company could tell you to take a run and jump.... :?

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
                            I have always used insure supermarket for all my cars and vans!! at the moment i am paying £ 530 with 4 yrs NCB for me 27 and my partner 26 both with no points. but next year i will have to declare my partner has 6 points and the cars mods so not looking forward to that one

I hope for your sake you don't have a bad accident in between times, as your insurance company could tell you to take a run and jump.... :?

Comment

Originally posted by Moschops
                              but next year i will have to declare my partner has 6 points and the cars mods Laughing so not looking forward to that one Crying or Very sad

or any accidents that involves insurance!
                              you must of got a quote for the mods?
                              you would look a little silly if they make it almost impossible to insure

Comment

Working...
                              X