This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonnet seal

I picked up my 07 build car back in November (carbon effect B door pillars and silver vxr door bades). I have noticed that with the bad weather when I cleaned my car yesterday that the engine bay is as dirty as the car itself!!!
    Should I not have rubber strips along the bonnet edge or not??
    A only have a black plastic slam panel fitted to the cross-member but no rubber at all

Cheers,
    Clint

mine has the rubber seal, and my engine stays clean all the time.

and mine has metal slam panel.
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

There has been a few topics about these `weather seals` some say that they should be on the car and others say `not` IIRC they only cost a few ££`s from your local Vauxhall stealer.

Comment

I think from what people have said on here they have been dropped for 07, but just take it back and say they are missing, thats what I did. I had to book mine in for a day they said it was warranty work so could not fit them myself.

Comment

also missing off my 06 model.only a couple of quid from the stealers and easy to fit.

Comment

yes folks , they cost 3.81 or there abouts and dont even bother letting the dealer fit em , cos that means you gotta take your car in then either hang about while they do them or call back later , fit them yourself it's a 30 second job trust me i did my own
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

part number 13186957 from vauxhalls yeh they are £3.81 for the pair ok
              sigpic
              M.U.F.C.

Comment

Thanx chaps......will order 2morrow.

Clint

Comment

does this seal fit to the flange on the bonnet its self ?

cos mine aint got one either :?

Comment

yeh like the door jams hang on i'll get a pic of mine and post it on
                    sigpic
                    M.U.F.C.

Comment

there you go chaps
                      sigpic
                      M.U.F.C.

Comment

i've ordered and collect on Wednesday or Thursday under warranty. They will let me have them for free and let me fit them myself rather than book the car in :wink:

Clint

Comment

Sorry to sound DUM but does it make a big difference ?????

Comment

I didn't have them on mine and it is an 06 plate, got them ordered from the dealer and fitted them, just less than £4.

Job done.
                            Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by M1-8hav
                              Sorry to sound DUM but does it make a big difference ?????
                              I think it will keep the engine bay a lot cleaner with them fitted.................anyone able to comment?

Comment

Working...
                              X