Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meta SR2 Targa Parking Sensor

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meta SR2 Targa Parking Sensor

    Hi all,
    Anyone fitted the Meta SR2 Targa parking sensor on their VXR. Need to know if there was any problems.

    Cheers,
    Gav.

  • #2
    i like the look of these,but would they work on a car like the vxr where the number plate is slightly set back?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by leepy
      i like the look of these,but would they work on a car like the VXR where the number plate is slightly set back?
      yes, you just set them in the bumper above the number plate

      Comment


      • #4
        not sure what you mean when you say set them in the bumper above the number plate?
        isnt it the point to have them clipped on to your number plate?
        :?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by leepy
          not sure what you mean when you say set them in the bumper above the number plate?
          isnt it the point to have them clipped on to your number plate?
          :?
          Leepy is correct. You take the number plate off, attach the bracket containing the sensors in the number plate space and then clip the number plate to the bracket.

          Comment


          • #6
            my original point is that because the plate is set back the sensor would only pick up objects directly in front of them.
            it will not be able to sense anything slightly to the left/right because the bumper is in the way.
            there going on ebay cheap if you fancy a dable.

            anybody seen those parking sensors that go behind your bumper,and is suposed to protect your hole car?
            i really don`t want to put holes in the bumper.

            Comment


            • #7
              aaah, i was thinking something like the normal rear ones....



              sorry

              Comment


              • #8
                Apparently the Meta SR2 Targa invalidates your warranty as it has to be connected into the original wiring. Think I will give it a miss.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Gav
                  Apparently the Meta SR2 Targa invalidates your warranty as it has to be connected into the original wiring. Think I will give it a miss.
                  if it did go wrong then it sounds easy to take off?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I had one of these on my Vectra, went to transfer it to the VXR but the hole for the numberplate is too small so it wouldn`t fit ... The recess is about a cm too short for it as it needs space either end of the plate ..HTH

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bainie
                      I had one of these on my Vectra, went to transfer it to the VXR but the hole for the numberplate is too small so it wouldn`t fit ... The recess is about a cm too short for it as it needs space either end of the plate ..HTH

                      cheers bainie.
                      that puts that one to bed then!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X