This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software upgrades

if someone was going past stage 3 maybe worsy hey mate, is it not best to get all parts eg cams new turbo etc and do the software upgrade at the very end. cause surely you will end up paying for software updates on top of each other. just a thought and no i aint doin it just wondering lol no nellyc ssshhhhh
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

your probably right corsa but i think alot of people want the power as they go along modifying!! it all depends realistically how far you plan on goin whats the point having lots of fancy parts on the car if your not gettin the most out of them!! personally when i have had the stage 3, i don't plan on goin any further as far as power goes cause i don't think you need that much power, I can wave to most cars now on the road . I will probably just add to the look of the car, maybe do the springs and the brakes aswell

Comment

think if u stick with that tuner he will do any software up grade for free, after u have payed once, ie if u have just a stage 1 map than go back for the exhaust fitted the stage 2 map would be free.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
        your probably right corsa but i think alot of people want the power as they go along modifying!! it all depends realistically how far you plan on goin whats the point having lots of fancy parts on the car if your not gettin the most out of them!! personally when i have had the stage 3, i don't plan on goin any further as far as power goes cause i don't think you need that much power, I can wave to most cars now on the road . I will probably just add to the look of the car, maybe do the springs and the brakes aswell
        well said 300bhp is good enough for me.

Comment

So Dave , you mean stick with himself!!! i wouldn't be surprised if he had a ZX spectrum setup in his garage with sum jump leads attached to his battery and space invaders loading on the screen

Comment

lol pmsl

Comment

sorry corsa!!!! you really cheer me up though

no offence matey :wink:

Comment

ha sorry bout delay just had a power cut lol no serious

Comment

you need to get up in to the 21 cen power cut you be telling me the miners are on strike nxt

Comment

not jokin

Comment

my last car had a tuned to bits let (calibra turbo) engine.

the spec was....
                      polished and flowed head
                      xe inlet cam
                      verniers
                      modified throttle body
                      cometic steel head gasket
                      arp rod bolts
                      lightened and balanced bottom end
                      garret t34 turbo
                      custom exhaust manifold
                      external wastegate
                      saab red injectors
                      4.2 bar fpr
                      uprated oil pump
                      walboro 255 fuel pump
                      aquamist water inj
                      10ltr intercooler

and so on and so forth.

this was pumping out 350 bhp..... but
                      i got it to 300 brake with just some mild mods ie standard turbo, standard engine etc etc. i obtained this 300 brake using mild chip upgrades and better intercooling.

but i wanted to go further, so for that extra 50 brake i had to spend about 3k rebuilding the engine.

my point is, is that with the well recognised stages, they will be nice and reliable as they have had thourough testing. once you start going beyond the "norm" you will start to open a real big can of worms.

not to mention the clutch and gear box upgrades needed, and brakes come to think of it.

i ended up with a car that started out as an everyday car and turned into car that could not be driven on the roads. it was so uncomfortable it was unbelievable.

by all means go to stage 3 but im my opinion i would stop there as you will end up regretting it.

modified turbo cars become very very temprimental
                      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

yeah i know im gonna get intercooler, inlet cam and vernier then stop. wait untill more testing is carried out before i even think about new turbo

Comment

the inlet cam and vernier may not run well with the stage maps though. im sure the stage maps will be set for standard valve timing.

your engine will need its own unique map. plus altering inlet timing can make your car tick over like a ****
                          stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

yeah but surely a map can be done for it it must run fine i mean it aint gonna do anything but improve

Comment

i'm sticking at 3 will upgrade the brakes tho and maybe lower it too and windows tinted but dont think i will go any further too much power after 300 bhp going through the front wheels
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X