This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare wheel for a VXR with 19's

I recall a few months ago a few posts about people who've managed to sort a spare wheel for their VXR in place of that useless tyre foam.

I can't find the posts but I believe someone found a wheel that would fit on the rear of the same diameter as the 19's. I also seem to remember somoneone saying that a 19" vxr wheel will actually fit in the boot recess?Does anyone have any success stories, with part numbers perhaps?

Doing a few sums it would appear that the standard fit 215/50R17 as fitted on the Vectra Elite V6 has exactly the same diameter as an Astra VXR with 19's. I think the PCD and mounts are equivalent? Has anyone got hold of one these (or their spacesaver equivalent) and managed to fit it in the boot recess?

Not surprisingly, the VXL dealers won't order a spare for a vectra elite v6 only to find it won't fit and they're stuck with a wheel. Likewise they're not to keen on being a party to supplying a non-standard fit wheel for one of their cars. Hence the situation is a "you give me a part number and i'll give you a wheel" situation.

Any help would be appreciated, Cheers

P.S Are there any other VXR owners in Milton Keynes, saw a black one the other day and was going to wave, but couldn't catch it! (others halves car excuse)

Re: Spare wheel for a VXR with 19's

Originally posted by Pininfarina22
    I recall a few months ago a few posts about people who've managed to sort a spare wheel for their VXR in place of that useless tyre foam.

I can't find the posts but I believe someone found a wheel that would fit on the rear of the same diameter as the 19's. I also seem to remember somoneone saying that a 19" VXR wheel will actually fit in the boot recess?Does anyone have any success stories, with part numbers perhaps?

Doing a few sums it would appear that the standard fit 215/50R17 as fitted on the Vectra Elite V6 has exactly the same diameter as an Astra VXR with 19's. I think the PCD and mounts are equivalent? Has anyone got hold of one these (or their spacesaver equivalent) and managed to fit it in the boot recess?

Not surprisingly, the VXL dealers won't order a spare for a vectra elite v6 only to find it won't fit and they're stuck with a wheel. Likewise they're not to keen on being a party to supplying a non-standard fit wheel for one of their cars. Hence the situation is a "you give me a part number and i'll give you a wheel" situation.

Any help would be appreciated, Cheers

P.S Are there any other VXR owners in Milton Keynes, saw a black one the other day and was going to wave, but couldn't catch it! (others halves car excuse)
    Well I fit the description lol
    Where were you? date/time?
    pm me
    sigpic

Comment

milton keynes

hi mate im from bedford but always in mk it might of been me in the black one there is a few on here from mk maybe we should try and arrange a meet

Comment

milton keynes

hey blackvxr it might have been me lol but i think u have the silver wing mirrors

Comment

I have already sourced the 215/50/17 tyre and am now on the lookout for the alloy which I will hopefully have in a few days!

And yes - I'm another MK VXR Owner!

Comment

does the vxr alloy not fit in there ?? or is it too big ?
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I have a 16" Vectra wheel (I know it won't fit over the front brakes!) as a spare - I'll put up with having to swap the rear to the front to put the spare on the rear as the wheel and brand new tyre only cost me £50 inc VAT.

If you are looking to buy the jack, wheel brace and foam insert for the spare wheel well, they'll set you back about £42 inc VAT as well.

Hope that helps!
              Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
              Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

If you look on the opel website it quotes 205 50 17 or 225 45 17 on a 7 x 17 et 39 rim as a winter alternative.
                see
                http://www.opel.de/res/download/pdf/...en-katalog.pdf

Comment

Mel has a wheel going at moment bit scuffed but hey.....
                  She will probably have the others on a month to month basis.....
                  HeavenlyDetail
                  Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Thanks for your help everybody

Gnasher:

Is it the 205/60R/16 you have? Don't suppose you'd have a part number to hand? Less than 1% out on circumference, and if it only goes on the rear anyway I wouldn't think it would cause any probs - good idea.

VXR Jon:

Stupid question perhaps, but I assume you've checked your 215/50/17 fits in the boot? Are you getting your wheel through VXL, might save the explanation to someone else.

Saw the black VXR taking the racing line around a roundabout near Xscape on boxing day i think, also saw one parked up next to my blue VXR at the gym ages ago, and there was me thinking its a rare car!

Any more spare wheel info would be great, thanks all.

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=2716
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasher
                        I have a 16" Vectra wheel (I know it won't fit over the front brakes!) as a spare - I'll put up with having to swap the rear to the front to put the spare on the rear as the wheel and brand new tyre only cost me £50 inc VAT.

If you are looking to buy the jack, wheel brace and foam insert for the spare wheel well, they'll set you back about £42 inc VAT as well.

Hope that helps!
                        One question I have about the jack - with other cars I have had - the jacking point is on the sill of the car (when using a scissor jack) now the skirts on the VXR run rather deep under the car so just where the **** would you jack it using what I guess to be a Vauxhall scissor jack? I have found the jacking place for my trolley jack but not too sure I would get right under and use a pesky scissor jack - answers?

Comment

Jon - Yep, it's a scissor jack on the VXR (as it is on all Mk 5's)

Pininfarina22 - I can't remember the exact size, but I think it's that one. I only know it's the standard 16" Wheel and tyre off a Vectra (New type, pre facelift) and that when you put it next to the standard 19" VXR rim, it's only a tiny bit off as far as rolling radius goes.

This whel/tyre does fit in the boot but expect the carpet to sit an inch or 2 above where it is now.

Hope that helps!
                          Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                          Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

instead of using a 16,17,18" wheel,is there not a space saver that would go over the rare brakes?

Comment

I thought this would have been sorted now some 6 months down the line !

I am still waiting for Stu to sort this out etc.

I am totally happy with the complete space saver spare wheel pack that is present with any sport hatch model {inc jack mountings etc etc}. I understand it will not fit over the front disks but as an emergency the rear would be changed to the front etc.

Come on someone let us have this package sourced priced and discounted for us ASAP please etc.

:? :? :?

Comment

Working...
                              X