This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of fitted bailey dump valve!!!! HELP

As the title says! want to fit the dump valve myself this weekend but the courtney sport picture looks different to the vxr engine bay!

Can anyone up load me a picture of there vxr with the bailey dump valve fitted including where all the connections go?

Ta

Andy

i aint got pics as i dont have it but its really easy.

the big t piece goes in the rubber pipe between the throttle body and the map sensor, then the vacuum pipe t pieces into the similar sized vacuum pipe at the fuel pressure regulator.

there, easy :wink:
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Great but the reason for the pictures is so it is an idiots guide to fitting one, I'm not an idiot but at the same time I don't want to make a mistake on my pride and joy!

Pictures please anyone!!!

Comment

i think vxrdave has pics. give him a pm. hes a very helpful chap.
        stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

PM me your mobile number ill call you and run you through it

I have one fitted i did it myself and its perfect

Comment

Andy,
            Ive only got these ones mate,

See this thread on astra-vxr.com

http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15999

Comment

Thats stranfe mine was done by RGS Motorsport that are well known, and my dump vaule points in wards.....

Comment

Originally posted by M1-8hav
                Thats stranfe mine was done by RGS Motorsport that are well known, and my dump vaule points in wards.....

Doesnt really matter to be honest. Most people rotate them downwards.
                But im not most people

Comment

Chris, Did you have the right angled black hose that is being said I require or did you tap it into somewhere else?

Ta mate

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyVXRwigan
                    Chris, Did you have the right angled black hose that is being said I require or did you tap it into somewhere else?

Ta mate

Andy
                    The hose i tapped into was the one i gave you today. You can cut your own hose if you like. Just thought you could try using my old hose. That way no need to cut yours :wink:

Comment

I mean the hose goin into the fuel regulator?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyVXRwigan
                        I mean the hose goin into the fuel regulator?
                        Sorry mate

The hose to the FPR is the blue one I gave you (came with the kit), or alternativaly you can use the black rubber hose I gave you (i bought off ebay) which will not suck flat under vaccum like the silicone may do.

Comment

Your confusing me now chris as the links that you put up show a right angled black hose attached to the regualtor that the T piece goes into and some one mentions that you can order it from vaux as its off the diesel!

From the T the blue silicone hose taps into it, have a look back and you will see what I mean, from your reply it sounds like you put the T piece straight into the regulator which surely cant be possible?

Andy

Comment

Ive PM'd you andy.

Comment

fitted and working great but I was surprised how quiet it is compared to the same dump valve I had fitted on my old focus RS.

Gonna buy the full courtnay hose set to finish off the engine bay and complement the dv.

ANDY

Comment

Working...
                              X