This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regal`s phase 5 turbo upgrade

Any one seen the phase 5 turbo upgrade from regal? Supposed to give 330bhp and 400ft/lbs tourque!!! Thats insane. Anybody got any input on this or is thinking about installing it???

no info on it but 400lbs of torque wow i'm running 337 now and it dont stop spinning in the dry with traction on it's gonna be an exspensive ride with all the tyres you'll be eating up but fun
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Glad you replied actually lol. i wanted to ask you what its like to have 300bhp at the front wheels. Is it abit over whelming from say a standing start under full throttle or coming out of a coner hard on the accelerator?

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
        Glad you replied actually lol. i wanted to ask you what its like to have 300bhp at the front wheels. Is it abit over whelming from say a standing start under full throttle or coming out of a coner hard on the accelerator?
        its ok just runs like a normal car with sport off , which is what we use most for round town and local driving , but as soon as you press that button it's a totally different car and very difficult to control with all the t/steer , but hey when you get on them motorways boy does it go , as for acceleration it's electric from the off but when coming out of corners you have to be careful again , all in all very very pleased with it now it stands head and shoulders above the best
        sigpic
        M.U.F.C.

Comment

Thats the only thing i`m worried about when i start modding mine properly. The powers great in a straight line but i`m abit worried in case i come out of a coner too fast and just end up going straight into a curb or something lol.
          Courts do an lsd for the astra for about 700 quid. My mates got a 2 litre corsa with an lsd fitted and off line he`s is much quicker than mine. He recons come out of corners alot faster aswell. Ever considered getting one of those?

Comment

sound a bit stupid but whats an isd ? :?
            sigpic
            M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
              sound a bit stupid but whats an isd ? :?
              LSD worsy? limited slip diff!

Comment

he he thought it was a I DURRRRRRRRRRRR just got up
                sigpic
                M.U.F.C.

Comment

Yeah LSD would sort you right out. They recon it can easily cut about half a second off your 0-60 time. should deffinately look into it.

Comment

Yeah LSD would sort you right out. They recon it can easily cut about half a second off your 0-60 time. should deffinately look into it.
                    not sure myself.
                    if the cars your daily drive then i`d steer clear(get it! )
                    i remember the lsd on my mates rs turbo
                    if you don`t enjoy torque steer then you will not enjoy a high powered fwd with a lsd,your all over the place.not to bad in a straight line though.

that was the focus rs`s main bugbear was it not?

Comment

Are you saying an LSD affects the drivebilaty on a slow drive??

Comment

Thats the only thing i`m worried about when i start modding mine properly. The powers great in a straight line but i`m abit worried in case i come out of a coner too fast and just end up going straight into a curb or something lol.
                        Unless you drive like Clarkson (floor the throttle even when going round a corner) then you shouldn't get much understeer if you're on the throttle. As long as you feed the power in as you come out of the corner and back it off when you feel the understeer then you'll be fine. If you stamp on the throttle then you'll continue in a straight line, even more so if you have a remapped car! (Good fun though on an empty roundabout!!)

Mind you, if you do stamp on the throttle and quickly lift off you should get some oversteer so it'll kind of correct itself!! :wink:

Comment

Are you saying an LSD affects the drivebilaty on a slow drive??

not really.but do you buy a vxr for a "slow drive"?

Comment

Good point lol. Still, b nice to know what it`d b like with 1 fitted

Comment

Regal stage 5 has a few options with it

1:- a spell in her majestys finest.

2:- a coffin from the COOP.

oh sorry its a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X