This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine hoses

really wanting to get a set of the cs hoses... but was just wondering wether or not they would affect the cars warranty?? also would it affect my insurance?? :?

I am only guessing here but had changed hoses on a different car and was told by my insurance company any modification was a modification therefore in the event of an accident if the car is towed away and they are spotted by an assesor i would presume if not notified your insurance would be invalidated....
    I would check and find out....
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

yer i thought that would be the case. i already tick the performance car box and young male driver box, highest crime rate post code box. now i can phone up and add "modified" box

would be good to know bout warranty as no point voiding the warranty for the sake of something that adds no performance and nobody sees! still really want them

Comment

Get them blue dash lights up james asap.....
        Are they from crazy leds,?
        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

as i am attempting to change my dash to blue leds could this be considered as modified?? same as changing hoses. basically changing oe parts for different colour product?

then we could consider using xenon look bulbs or powder coated wheels as modified. or am i just going off on 1??

Comment

I would say that in general anything cosmetic inside would not be deemed modded whereas under the bonnet is different as is anything external that in the eyes of an assesor would deam the vehicle more tempting for someone to steal.......i have been given this information by a friend who is an insurance negotiator although not motor/vehicle this is his interpretation of his companys t,s and c,s....
            HeavenlyDetail

Comment

yer i agree. there is a very fine line between right and wrong and i know which side i want to be on!!!

Comment

I suppose the next question really is what about 19 inch alloys....They are not standard and although they are a factory option they should be noted by the insurance company as mine (direct line) have told me they have to be on the policy as per their database 18 inch wheels are standard on a vxr and therefore if not noted in the event of an accident it could be a sticky point which is a copout to me!!

The thing is insurance companies will do anything neccesary not to pay out as we know but i would rather let them know than have a fight on my hands in the event of an accident......
                HeavenlyDetail

Comment

nooooooooooooooo!!!!!

i supose you should declare all that zymol waxing, making it more apealing to thieves :wink:

Comment

Damn ill go back to asda wax..
                    HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                      I suppose the next question really is what about 19 inch alloys....They are not standard and although they are a factory option they should be noted by the insurance company as mine (direct line) have told me they have to be on the policy as per their database 18 inch wheels are standard on a VXR and therefore if not noted in the event of an accident it could be a sticky point which is a copout to me!!
                      They wouldn't have a leg to stand on. "Modifications" have to be declared. 19' wheels are an option (esp if ordered with the car), not a modification, whatever they say. Same as leather seats or climate control, I wouldn't declare them.

dv.

Comment

Originally posted by dvinell
                        I suppose the next question really is what about 19 inch alloys....They are not standard and although they are a factory option they should be noted by the insurance company as mine (direct line) have told me they have to be on the policy as per their database 18 inch wheels are standard on a VXR and therefore if not noted in the event of an accident it could be a sticky point which is a copout to me!!
                        They wouldn't have a leg to stand on. "Modifications" have to be declared. 19' wheels are an option (esp if ordered with the car), not a modification, whatever they say. Same as leather seats or climate control, I wouldn't declare them.

dv.
                        I totally agree but when getting the quote at least 50% of the companies i spoke to asked me about optional extras as it was a new car.......

I personally think they try their luck!
                        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I totally agree but when getting the quote at least 50% of the companies i spoke to asked me about optional extras as it was a new car....

I personally think they try their luck!
                          In which case I would have read out the FULL spec list to them (standard plus options) every single flipping item. I reckon about 1/3 of the way thru they would get the message. How on earth do these companies deal with BMW's where you only get the bodyshell and an engine block as standard ?

dv.

Comment

adrian flux say is it a factory fitted option? yes then it isn't a modification! I declared my 19"s etc and that is what they told me!

Andy

Comment

Damn ill go back to asda wax..
                              i suggest washing your mouth out with meguires shampoo right now

Comment

Working...
                              X