Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never kerbed my wheels, but the MARKS STILL APPEAR!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never kerbed my wheels, but the MARKS STILL APPEAR!!!!

I have not kerbed the car ever. I am the only driver. I know that my wheels have touched nothing but air.

BUT

I have quite a "significant" scuff on my rear right wheel. I also have a small mark, barely noticeable on my front left. There are also somescrapes UNDERNEATH the wheel rim, where the tyre is. I checked the rims on collection and they were perfect, the tyres have never been taken off so why are there what looks like "sloppy kwik fit fitter" tool marks appearing?

Are my wheels falling apart?

Post some pictures.......
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

If as you say, the wheels have touched nothing but air, then I have no answer.

If the wheels have been anywhere near the roads we have around here, then it could be a couple of things:

1.) Under inflation and/or going into a pot hole. It doesn't take a huge pot hole for a 19' tyre to run out of sidewall compression and start bending or marking rims, even at correct pressure.

2.) Hitting road debris. Stones pinged towards you at (cough) motorway speeds could scuff a rim, but you'd have to be unlucky.

3.) Are you SURE you're the only driver? When I was 18, my Dad thought he was the only driver of his Jag

dv.

Comment

Yes, bought it new 2 months ago and only I have the keys, the spares are locked in someone elses house, and no, they dont drive it!

Its not major, but thy are there. I think it must be road debris, I have a couple of stone chips (touvhed up) in 2300 miles. Wheels are going to feel something surely...

Comment

I have a mark or two also, but it's not on the outer rim but somewhere on the outside of the 6 spokes. I don't know how it came to be really. I didn't check the rims closely when I bought it so it may have come with them.
          sigpic

Comment

correct procedure

I have NEVER seen Kwik rip off use this.

2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Oh dont get me wrong my tyres have never come off nor have I been to kwik. I just feel frustrated, these things will occur I know that, stones and debris if they just touch you lightly at a high speed can cause a big wrek. My marks are only that and I woul dhave ti point them out for you to see them, but, they exist despite me ever feeling any contact.

There has been the occasional bump or jlt as I go over the odd drainpipe, dip or inversed camber, but I have always stopped and got out to check. Maybe I just missed it when I checked, there have been a couple of "hits" I seem to have taken from nothing, I remember them, but could not find anything at the time. I figure with what has happened at 2300 miles I will want new wheels at around 20k miles.

Comment

Andy thats not dartford tyres is it or elite?

P.s why are you not Andyukrs4

I know where you went today lol...mini meet.............pinnacle souveran....Andy your car is BEAUTIFUL......pm sent..
                HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by Andyuk911
                  correct procedure

I have NEVER seen Kwik rip off use this.

Andy if that was Kwikripoff they would have informed you by now that all four wheels are buckled and you would have a fatal accident on the way home and for £2600 they could get you new ones now while you wait......and then kick your radiator......
                  HeavenlyDetail

Comment

mine is the same, it's pot holes, i have got a few dinks, after my first one i now swerve all over the road rather than hit a grate, stone anything, i'm suprised i've not been pulled up by now swerving like i do!! :-)
                    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

i have a dink on my wheel

i drove into a kerb in a carpark

Fluffing NCP!!!

Comment

Why do car parks have such narrow exits with kerbs ?

There's a few car parks in Southampton where in some cars, it's physically impossible to exit from an outside lane without touching a kerb or ramming the armco.

And don't get me started on gritting lorries. One day I'm going to lose the plot and stand outside a councillors house and randomly throw buckets of coarse salt crystals at his car every now and again.

Arrgghh, rant, rave...

dv.

Comment

Originally posted by dvinell
                          Why do car parks have such narrow exits with kerbs ?

There's a few car parks in Southampton where in some cars, it's physically impossible to exit from an outside lane without touching a kerb or ramming the armco.

And don't get me started on gritting lorries. One day I'm going to lose the plot and stand outside a councillors house and randomly throw buckets of coarse salt crystals at his car every now and again.

Arrgghh, rant, rave...

dv.
                          urgh, i hate that 'grin and bare it' moment just as you pass a gritter at 70mph :wink:

Comment

Grin and bear it ? More like a swerve across three lanes to avoid it.

The one that got me last week was coming around a blind corner on a single track road, and the two-year old learnt a couple of new words that Mum didn't approve of. If I had more time, testing out full throttle reversing might have been an option. What's the Max Speed of a 280hp Veccy VXR in reverse ??

dv.

Comment

Originally posted by dvinell
                              Grin and bear it ? More like a swerve across three lanes to avoid it.

The one that got me last week was coming around a blind corner on a single track road, and the two-year old learnt a couple of new words that Mum didn't approve of. If I had more time, testing out full throttle reversing might have been an option. What's the Max Speed of a 280hp Veccy VXR in reverse ??

dv.
                              same as most cars 18 mph

Comment

Working...
                              X