This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Pressures

What are the tyre pressures for the 18's ?

My handbook says 35 front 32 rear, however ive got a copy of a TIS and that says 35 all round ?

Give em al 38 and have some fun

Comment

I'm not sure if it matters really. There is a thumb of rule that says 2 psi more on the axle that is heavier. So I think anywhere between 32 and 36 is just fine.
      sigpic

Comment

arden did you know that is a criminal offence to over inflate your tyres

Comment

I don't think it is but then it might be, just as it is illegal to have dirty windows, a 2 toned horn and rear wheels that extend beyond the rear bodywork (as our cars are built).

"Officer the machine said 35 when I filled them up..."

Now you prove me wrong, i.e the machine was faulty, someone else inflated them without me knowing, the wheels were hot when I inflated them hence the mark up etc etc

How often do police check your tyres - I think you will find the answer is never....

Comment

lol. i was only kidding

you think it would work if i said that my speedo was not calibrated correctly??

Comment

Thats different, its no relation to your tyres. The odd thing is James that your speedo is not calibrated correctly, there is an error margin that increases as you get faster.

A speedo read of 30mph means a real speed of 27mph. At 70 your doing 66. At 100 your doing 95. At 155 your doing 146.

An actual speed of 152mph would read just over 160 on the dials.

This applies to every car, always has done in the name of safety.

Comment

yeah i noticed that on my satnav...the speed is always slower than the car says

Comment

Well, you got GPS if you got a navigation system.

You have to do this: Press "Main", press "Settings" till it beeps, press "BC" 5 times. Then you got the mph nearly exactly shown.

Comment

Then you got the mph nearly exactly shown
                    Kph

unless on the vaux it shows kph and the opel shows mph, then that would make zero sense!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
                      Thats different, its no relation to your tyres. The odd thing is James that your speedo is not calibrated correctly, there is an error margin that increases as you get faster.

A speedo read of 30mph means a real speed of 27mph. At 70 your doing 66. At 100 your doing 95. At 155 your doing 146.

That would explain one thing I noticed. The Speedometer dial shows a little more than the digital speedometer in my car. Maybe then the digital speedometer shows the correct speed (or more close to the real speed).
                      sigpic

Comment

The BC read is KPH and even that is not 100% accurate.

Sat Nav is the key to your real speed, your dash dial is seriously flawed as is every others car, it is all Euro NCAP and Health and Safety - they want you to drive slower so they "dramatise" the speedo. Has always been that way and always will.

For accurate readings see your Sat Nav. And notice the difference between the two.

Comment

For Sat Nav to be accurate it must then be with centimeters of accuracy which none of the regular ones do and more frequent updates as they (US Army) put inaccuracies in public GPS systems. I'm sorry but I don't trust GPS Speed indications anymore than me guessing the speed of the car.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One

when you do get done,do they use the accurate speed or your indicated speed.

i ask this because a work partner got done in the works van a couple of months ago with me in it.
                            the indicated speed we were doing was 35,he got done for doing 35 in a 30.

Comment

the sat nav i have in my car ( or should i say camera detector as increments of 0.01% so pretty accurate on the speed i'm going and my speedo was the same up to about 135-140 so they arent that far out IMHO
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X