This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clunk click noise when pulling off

theres a faint clunk click noise when i first start the car and pull away. this only happens the once after starting the car but does it wether its hot or cold.

it does it every time which lead me to believe it supposed to happen, but i just want to know what it is :?

its as similar sound to stones flicking off the tyres and hitting the plastic wheel arch liner. it sounds like its coming from the drivers wheel arch

any suggestions?

cheers
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

there was an odd thread on this.
    is it not the a.b.s doing a self test?

Comment

that would make perfect sense.

anyone else??
      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

It's perfectly normal so nothing to worry about.

I have heard it is the ABS system but I've also heard it could be the ventilation system so I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Comment

Its the ABS self test/activating - it does it when you hit 15mph for the first time per engine start. Our Corsa does it too.
          Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

15 mph has probably hit the nail on the head.

i nkew it wasnt anything serious (well hoped) just wanted to know what it was
            stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Whats involved in this test then. It always sound slike I have picked up a branch and snapped it beneath the car

Comment

its the puppets out of the corsa add belting the abs pump :wink:

c mon

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
                  Whats involved in this test then. It always sound slike I have picked up a branch and snapped it beneath the car
                  Not entirely sure to be honest, but it sounds like it test fires the actuators in the ABS unit.
                  Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Working...
                  X