This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Rid

Finally had enough. Central locking failed while I was away so we couldn't get in, and after the GreenFlag guy had to bend the door to get us in, the only way out was to keep the windows open and open it from the outside.

This car gave me nothing but grief so today I got rid. Rather than fix it, I just took £6k for it at my local garage as is.

Thanks for the all the help over the years, but I'm off now! All the best with the cars, I will miss mine but I gotta say I'm glad to see it gone. Now, Mazda 3 or Ford Mondeo???

Cheers!

Why not open it with the key....
    If you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough

Blue Silicone hoses - Pipercross filter & Cross over delete -Midnight black interior - LED lights
    Team Hekos - 3'' turbo back cobra non res - Midnight Black Boot Strip - De-badged

Comment

or just smash a window instead of bending a door?

Comment

Originally posted by oilysean View Post
        +1
        Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

Comment

bending the door seems abit OTT

Comment

Originally posted by hairyoscar6 View Post
            if u lock your keys inside thats what they do... just enough to get a tool in to open the door
            Previous Owner of the Carbon Edition VXR - Stage 3 [Airtec + Remus] Carbon Alloys and Rocker, Blue 356mm Ksports, Roose CDTI & Black Samcos, PPP Tophat + Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, H&R Race Springs, Black Whiteline RARB, Blue SMD Conversion
            **Audi R8 FTW & Progress thread**

Comment

Originally posted by Bluimp View Post
              if u lock your keys inside thats what they do... just enough to get a tool in to open the door
              oh yeah i understand that, they did that method with my daughters car. it just sounds like breakdown guy tried to rip the door off its hinges

Comment

Aw is that the balloon thing? Stick it in blow it up n it's spaces it out?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by big1.chris View Post
                  yeah thats it

Comment

you can't lock the keys in the car? Believe me i've tried, it won't let you. Unless something else triggered the door locks to cycle.

Wouldn't trust green flag with a wheel change though.

Blue Silicone hoses - Pipercross filter & Cross over delete -Midnight black interior - LED lights
                    Team Hekos - 3'' turbo back cobra non res - Midnight Black Boot Strip - De-badged

Comment

I was saying its what they do on cars if u lock the keys inside (on nearly every other car)
                      Sent from my Nokia 1020 via tapatalk
                      Previous Owner of the Carbon Edition VXR - Stage 3 [Airtec + Remus] Carbon Alloys and Rocker, Blue 356mm Ksports, Roose CDTI & Black Samcos, PPP Tophat + Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, H&R Race Springs, Black Whiteline RARB, Blue SMD Conversion
                      **Audi R8 FTW & Progress thread**

Comment

you can't lock the keys in the car? Believe me i've tried, it won't let you. Unless something else triggered the door locks to cycle.

It is possible, but you have to do a certain few steps to do it, and trigger the auto re-lock of the car, so basically opening the car, opening the boot( passenger door may have the same effect) drop keys in car and then close the door, car will automatically 're-lock after 10 minutes, won't work on the later cars with keyless tho
                        MK5 VXR - Piper Turbo Back - Bilstien B8 Shocks - Eibach Sportlines - Whiteline RARB - Forge Re-circ( Yellow spring) - CDti intake - Direct feed hose Kit - Forge FMIC - Forge Actuator( Red Spring) - ANSU Fuel Pump - RnD stage 3 remap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluimp View Post
                          I was saying its what they do on cars if u lock the keys inside (on nearly every other car)
                          Sent from my Nokia 1020 via tapatalk
                          Yeah I know haha i'm the lucky sod who gets to break into them

Comment

Gee why didn't I think of that?? Obviously it was the first thing I tried.

Nope, they just slid in a small inflatable wallet to bend out the top about 2", enough to get a tool in to hit the window button (ignition was on).

oh yeah i understand that, they did that method with my daughters car. it just sounds like breakdown guy tried to rip the door off its hinges
                            He was very good and really helpful. I was happy to sign the disclaimer and he didn't leave a single mark on the car.

Originally posted by big1.chris View Post
                            That's the one

Nope keys weren't locked in, CL failed and car was stuck dead locked. PLastic key wouldn't work, and once in the only way out was to lean out the window and open the door from the outside. Anti Hijack button was permanently lit, no matter how many times I pushed it.

Regardless, I've enjoyed the fun I had but I'm glad to see it go. It has cost me so much time, money, and grief so I'd had enough. Got a few Mazda 3 Sports I want to look at - something more sensible and reliable now.
                            Last edited by Amraam; 24 July 2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

well that answered that one! fair enough dude, good luck with the new motor

Comment

Working...
                              X