This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Management warning light!

Started this morning ok, drove for approx 25 mins, coming off slip road with Honda type R behind wanting some action...........press 'sport' floor it and ecar doesn't want to go above 80mph in any gear, I notice the engine warning light has come on. I pull over, turn ignition off and on (light gone out) and car behaving as normal again.

Passed VXL on way home and left car with them as they said they may get a chance to look at her today sometime.....................

Any clues????

Clint

Sounds like the coil pack/ plugs problem, some cars have been recalled

Comment

what year is your car ?
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

same happened to me first week i had car!! does sound like plugs, the car did this to protect itself from further damage ( safety feature when emissions get to high) get it checked for a recall!!

Comment

got car back and informed that fault code indicated misfire on cylinders 1 & 4. coilpack and plugs on order and should be fitted by Friday.

Clint

Comment

good to hear your gettin sorted!! it is a common fault

Comment

I had this happen to me not long ago. It's not engine management light but exhaust emissions light. Mine started doing this after I had my remap.

See: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...er=asc&start=0

Should tell you everything.

But mine still does it now and then. I Really need a milltek, that will sort them emissions out.
              sigpic

Comment

i have had the plugs done but no coil pack, what is the coil pack? What does it do? And will i need one if i have had the plugs changed?
                Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                  what year is your car ?
                  Brand new November 2006!

Comment

ooh will have to watch out for that then thought it was the earlier models mines an 07 and have over 5k on it at moment how many you done ?
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by MR F Quick
                      got car back and informed that fault code indicated misfire on cylinders 1 & 4. coilpack and plugs on order and should be fitted by Friday.

Clint
                      Wasnt this what happened with Apollo 13? Wow the technology in my car! Makes me moist x

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                        ooh will have to watch out for that then thought it was the earlier models mines an 07 and have over 5k on it at moment how many you done ?
                        Firstoil change at approx. 1400 miles and currently at 2412 miles.

Comment

New plugs and coilpack fitted.....................sweet as a nut!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Has also got rid of what I thought were flat spots during acceleration if anyone is interested as I've read a few owners have experienced the same.

In summary, the car is responding better since having the new coilpack/plugs fitted since collecting the car back in November!

Comment

Working...
                          X