This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtenay Sport Panel Filter

Anyone got a courtenay sport panel filter in thier VXR?.

Any noticable differances over standard paper filter on a standard car ?

Cheers,
    Chris.

Hi mate i have one, cannot say any think noticable to be honest, but its a life time thing so only have to get one then clean it now and again, im at courtenay stage 2 and will be stage 3 on friday so think the less ristriction in the inlet can only be a good thing. Some people like the panel filters some like induction kits some stay standed, who is wright some like blue cars some like red cars its all down to your choice. At 30 quid its a good price.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

a panel filter is always gonna be better in a car like the vxr because it is still enclosed and will get very little heat soak an open filter like an induction kit would.

but like dave says, once youve got it, thats it. and it can only better due to the foam type rather than a paper filter.

for the sake of 30 quid, id get one for this reason alone. just make sure you tell vaux when they service it or they will bin it and replace it with another of theres
      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

I was told by one of our reputable tuners that they’re not worth it. Just change the paper one more often.
        sigpic

Comment

[quote="ldargavel"]I was told by one of our reputable tuners that they’re not worth it. Just change the paper one more often.[/quote
          dont no what as happend with this one sorry

Comment

[quote="ldargavel"]I was told by one of our reputable tuners that they’re not worth it. Just change the paper one more often.[/quote

come on then you carnt leave it like that who would that be .

Comment

One of 3

vxrpc, Thorney and Court

Opinions, I think should be anonymous for this otherwise people will start a big mass argument
              sigpic

Comment

To be quite honest i don`t think 1 little pannel filter or induction kit is gong to make a massive amount of difference to any sort of car, so i just decided to go for the K`n`N Apollo pureley for looks under the bonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by ldargavel
                  One of 3

vxrpc, Thorney and Court

Opinions, I think should be anonymous for this otherwise people will start a big mass argument
                  whats up with a good old argument then i now have a good idea :wink:

Comment

Come on then, whats ya good idea? lol.

Comment

no no no my lips are sealed weres alex_c thats all im saying

Comment

One of 3

vxrpc, Thorney and Court

actually i was told by 2 of the above to regularly change the paper filters and have seen a few test conducted they have found the oe paper filters have one of the best filtration (end of the day thats what its all about) and air movement but do need to be replaced more often, last one cost me 4 quid with 10,000 miles of usuage and didnt look to bad

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                          no no no my lips are sealed weres alex_c thats all im saying
                          I dont get it Should i get it? Cause i don`t :?
                          :P

Comment

i also know of a few guys running stage 3 VXR220's who had fitted performance airfilters and kept blowing AMM's so most owners resorted back to the oe paperfilters and found no loss in power/performance and no more forking out 100 + a pop on air mass meters

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                              One of 3

vxrpc, Thorney and Court

actually i was told by 2 of the above to regularly change the paper filters and have seen a few test conducted they have found the oe paper filters have one of the best filtration (end of the day thats what its all about) and air movement but do need to be replaced more often, last one cost me 4 quid with 10,000 miles of usuage and didnt look to bad
                              I was waiting for that, your consistant i will give u that, so thay are all a wast of money :wink: anyway what u think about the last test in with a chance we are

Comment

Working...
                              X