This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Light, No start

Havent had a chance to go to VXL yet but Ive noticed a couple of times over the past couple of weeks that when I go to start the car the service light comes on and the car wont start. After turning the ignition on and off a couple of times it will start as normal. Coil pack maybe???
    Any Ideas?

does the engine turn over at all,if not had a few problems with column control modules not recognising the transponder key had to replace mine under warranty and has been fine ever since just take it to your local vxl dealer and they will sort it for ya im sure

Comment

Could be something like that, nothing on the key at all. Ill get it looked at shortly.

Comment

I had the same problem, not sure what they did, but i had it done under warranty!! i know they did something with the ignition and i had a new barrel put in aswell

Comment

Hi Martin, that's a known problem. It's a faulty CIM. I'm getting mine replaced on Monday. The ECU will record faults that say the transponder key has not be recognised or something like that. A quick tech2 by your dealer will confirm it.

Not likely to be anything to do with the coil pack. Have you had your dealer check whether you car is affected? If not, get them to check on the VXCare system using your VIN number. It will not show up if they use the reg number. My dealer did this and I told them it has to be searched on the VIN and low and behold my car was affected! (Thanks to Daz, the ex VXL tech, for that info!)

Comment

make sure you take in your spare key because they will need to programme that at the same time when changing the cim

Comment

Originally posted by darren
              make sure you take in your spare key because they will need to programme that at the same time when changing the cim
              Yeah thanks. Already set the reminder in my phone so I don't forget!!

Comment

Working...
              X