X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power delivery question?

Hi,

I'm 400 miles in to my new VXR & have a question about the delivery of power. I find that sometimes in 2nd that if I put my foot down it won't pull as hard. The road conditions have not been fantastic, no yellow traction control light comes on. So is there a computer in the car that restricts power when it thinks you'll lose grip & does this without the traction control light coming on?

Regards,

Ade

Do you mean for maybe for a couple of secinds it wont pull, and then all of a sudden the power comes at once? Cause that would b the turbo lag. Otherwise i don`t think i`ve had this problem. :?

Comment

think it as a torque limiter thing on the car, hold the sports button in for 5 sec to turn the trac control off see how that is then be carfull in this weather try it on dry day if poss.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Or maybe your just getting used to the power and you don`t notice it as much. In which case you need to get in contact with courtenay :wink: :P

Comment

No it's not lag & when I drop it in to 3rd, you feel the pull. I just thought it may have a restrictor. I heard the M3 has one. I'm not getting this in any other gear...

Comment

this might help ..... http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=2504

Comment

Thanks, that explains it. Will try with esp off.

Comment

Working...
              X