Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

evo7 v our vxr's

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • evo7 v our vxr's

    well how do you lot think our cars would hold up against 1 not on a track on the road got a kid that says his evo tops out at 160mph and i no my vxr will do more :P he he's said it doesn't matter because i'd be playing caught up on him so what are these cars like against them bearung in mind i pulled a cars legnth on a evo9 FQ 320 so can any one help so i can shut this guy up he thinks no vauxhall even more so no VXR has a chance with his evo ???

  • #2
    my m8 in the next village has a nine and when it was running 330 or so it didnt seem that much kwicker than mine altho the grip on corners was the best ive experienced

    altho when he gets it back from rc development this mth with a 2.4 600bhp engine that view may change

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by arden
      my m8 in the next village has a nine and when it was running 330 or so it didnt seem that much kwicker than mine altho the grip on corners was the best ive experienced

      altho when he gets it back from rc development this mth with a 2.4 600bhp engine that view may change
      wel that sounds about right mate bet its fast when he gets it back but wot are these like against the older evos ??

      Comment


      • #4
        Well reading this made me laugh as i am a bit of a dork when it comes to stats and have spent the last 3 months searching the 4 quarters of the globe for every press cutting on the vxr and have a nice little collection....

        Autocar:going over to the dark side.........

        Within a few hundred yards a streak of laser blue growls its way through my periferal vision and dissapears down the outside lane behind an increasingly distant plume of spray.

        I can recognise it as an astra from the profile and since its travelling well beyond 100 mph guess that it must be the opc (we are in germany) or the astra vxr as we know it!!!

        Its the first one ive seen on the road too.
        How fast is it going?
        Given that i was driving a 345bhp MITSUBISHI EVO IX, how quickly could i catch up?Time to find out???

        I drop down into fourth gear and give the evo its head.The speedo reads 120 mph when we slot 5th into train , yet that far off blue smudge is still pulling away (oooohhh my favourite line...)
        Only when were on the high side of an indicated 150mph with the wind whistling through the evos door seals its turbo howling even louder and the trucks rocketing by the side windows as if they were stationary do we start making up the defecit!
        I was amazed!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Then speaking about the golf gti , the focus st and the renault megane sportcup he states that which car can put the vxr in its place?
        Ill let you know when i find it he replys.....

        2 other superb write ups are from 2005

        New gti king july 2005



        and vxr vs imprezza turbo from october 2005



        God my fingers hurt...
        Has any one else read these articles?
        HeavenlyDetail
        .
        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

        Comment


        • #5
          i'm not shore on wot your saying mate, sorry are you saying the VXR or the OPC in your case was really fast or not because this belives that no vauxhall would get any where near his evo??? and your speaking from the point of veiw os someone that was in a car with alot more power than the one i'm talking about ????
          cheers
          jon

          Comment


          • #6
            I think what the autocar reviewer was stating was that he was driving an evo down the autobahn in germany testing it when a vxr shot past him at an incredible speed......he decided to open the evo up and found that he had trouble catching the vxr up and only when reaching speeds of 150mph did he close the gap......

            Basically he was stunned that the vxr had the acceleration and pull that it did and the evo should have bitten his **** but couldnt...

            Think that sums it up nicely
            HeavenlyDetail
            .
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

            Comment


            • #7
              Id say it would be quite fun. Ive got a regal map so my rev limit is 7250, the evo about 6800 so he'll be changing first. I read somewhere that when we get to high speeds there transmition loss will be much more than ours due to 4 wheel drive so perhaps we'd make up some time there.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                yea i no evos ted to top out about 160 well i know of 2 evo 7's that do any way lol, n in that mag how did the VXR stand up 2 the scooby ???

                Comment


                • #9
                  im sure i read somwhere on here that the vxr does 0-100 0.7 seconds quicker than an evo fq340.

                  how true that is i dont know but my pal has and evo 6 with 320 brake and it doesnt feel as fast as mine at all.
                  stage 2 vxr

                  [email protected]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    spend a bit more cash on your motor to the tune of the evo price and rip is silly little jap **** all over the road ive raced quite a few and none of em have got near me
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by VXRP8
                      yea i no evos ted to top out about 160 well i know of 2 evo 7's that do any way lol, n in that mag how did the VXR stand up 2 the scooby ???
                      very well
                      may photograph whole mag and post at some stage...
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      .
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        the m8 with the 9 had a 6 before this one and speaking from my experience in his it was hitting the rev limiter in fifth gear at just over 170 !!! look at lancermods.co.uk to see the 6 , not sure if the 9 is on yet ?

                        not too sure how to put a link up sorry

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by arden
                          the m8 with the 9 had a 6 before this one and speaking from my experience in his it was hitting the rev limiter in fifth gear at just over 170 !!! look at lancermods.co.uk to see the 6 , not sure if the 9 is on yet ?

                          not too sure how to put a link up sorry
                          get the web page up then in the browser copy it and paste it in a new thread on here if you cant suss it bell me and i'll run it thru with ya
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by andy16vturbo
                            im sure i read somwhere on here that the VXR does 0-100 0.7 seconds quicker than an evo fq340.

                            how true that is i dont know but my pal has and evo 6 with 320 brake and it doesnt feel as fast as mine at all.
                            RFLMAO !

                            0 - 100 Evo FQ340 10.7 seconds

                            0 - 100 Astra VXR 16.4 seconds

                            Astra would lose heavily, an evo is a devastating tool at any speed on any road surface they have the cross country pace of a 996 turbo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jonathon555
                              Originally posted by andy16vturbo
                              im sure i read somwhere on here that the VXR does 0-100 0.7 seconds quicker than an evo fq340.

                              how true that is i dont know but my pal has and evo 6 with 320 brake and it doesnt feel as fast as mine at all.
                              RFLMAO !

                              0 - 100 Evo FQ340 10.7 seconds

                              0 - 100 Astra VXR 16.4 seconds

                              Astra would lose heavily, an evo is a devastating tool at any speed on any road surface they have the cross country pace of a 996 turbo.

                              Its true Our only hope against an evo would b if we cought them off guard and only made the race 100 metres long

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X