Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many miles are service "road tests" usually?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many miles are service "road tests" usually?

Anyone able to offer any advice... I just picked my VXR after its first service... only it appears to have been taken for a bit of a ride by the staff at the dealership (J Davy, Basingstoke). During the course of its service, it managed to complete over 10 miles, even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Is it usual for first services to include a road test of that length? I've only had my VXR 9 months, none of my previous cars (all vauxhalls!) have ever got that special treatment - even from the same dealer! Im a little miffed to say the least and am waiting for the general manager to call me back with an explanation but it would be nice to know what the norm is! Any thoughts appreciated!
    Thanks!

Most dealers will road test after any kind of work just to see how things are. i would expect no more than about 3-4 miles depending on your local area.

When i worked for AUDI we were lucky in the fact that out teat route was 2.5 miles and was a loop from the dealers site.

Seems the boys were out for a bit of fun in your car i never leave it and always make sure i know what and where it has been even though i know the Techy that does it for me i like to be in the work shop watching. he's one of only a hand full od ppl i will let drive it.

Comment

Cheers for the reply Alex.
      Thats kinda what i thought. Last time i take any of my cars there then. I was going to stay with the car whilst they did it, but had to go into work in the end. So unimpressed, esp as the service itself cost me over £150 as well - which i fully intend getting refunded in light of the joy riding. Annoyingly, it was dark by the time i got to collect it as well, so i've not yet even been able to check it for any damage... god help them if there is any!! lol

Comment

I know your not happy but can you edit you post and change the swear words thanks.

Comment

sorry, hope i havent offended anyone!

Comment

No its ok but the Admin tean dont like it much so we try not to use it.

No harm done all is forgiven and enjoy the stay.

Well i hope you find a better dealer. I do a 100 mile round trip to my dealers as i know i will be getting the best.

Comment

Thanks. The annoying thing is i thought J Davy were a half decent dealership - I've never had any issues with them before... but then i guess i've never taken a VXR in for them to play with before either.

If anyone can recommend a decent dealership anywhere in the hampshire/surrey/berks or west sussex area then please feel free to do so! I'd rather drive 100+ miles out my way than take my car back to J Davy again!!

Comment

Once had a dealership take my old Vectra for an 8 mile test drive during which it got kerbed. Unfortunately only realised this once reaching home as like yourself it was dark. Phoned up to complain and was told, can't prove it so tough. Take photos before and after if you have to leave the car, that way you have proof.

Comment

No just get a decent Tech and dealer.

Darren does mine and has done for the last 2 years.

Comment

gets me why they have to road test it in the first place , all my old cars have never been road tested before why should they ? they trying to say they are running the new oil and filter in or what ?????? i would be straight back on to them
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

ok lets ask Darren for the answer i know he drove mine like he stole it last time only cause i told him to.

Comment

Think it's mostly an excuse so they can use your car to pop to the local McDonalds or burger king.

Alex - Your so lucky, most of the guys in my local VX Dealer Garage remind me of YTS kids. Need to find a good VX dealer near me, one that I can get to know and trust really.

Comment

its part of a service to roadtest the car to make sure it drives fine ie ,brakes work ok, performs ok ,and thers no worrying noises you should of had a service sheet from the dealer to say what has been done it says at the bottom of the check sheet as final check to roadtest car we normally do a 5 mile roadtest

Comment

wot milge shoud the 1st service be at my vauxhall dealers (pentigon of sheffield)told me it should be at 20,000 is this rite ???

Comment

20k or 1 year mate which ever is sooner

Comment

Working...
                              X