X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clifford remote start

Has anyone had this fitted??????

If so does it work ok, and how do u find it??

I have had a chance to get a clifford remote start ,turbo timer with proxy sensors and all the jaz.

Thank you

David

I remember reading a thread about this a while back, some guy was having endless problems with one. I think his attempts at fitting were done by professionals. I think it was tripping lights out on the car or something, a bit vague - see if you can dig up the thread through search.

Comment

yes remember that had hell and all trouble, car was a mess dont know what happend all went Q T.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I was part of that thread, he did have loads of problems. I had a clifford fitted to mine by guys in Aylesbury, it took them 2 days but they did it all. I only had problems with my brake lights flashing, but they sorted it, and it has been good as gold for 6 months now! Clifford now have the know how, otherwise talk to the guys at CCA (Compact Car Audio) in Aylesbury.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
          I was part of that thread, he did have loads of problems. I had a clifford fitted to mine by guys in Aylesbury, it took them 2 days but they did it all. I only had problems with my brake lights flashing, but they sorted it, and it has been good as gold for 6 months now! Clifford now have the know how, otherwise talk to the guys at CCA (Compact Car Audio) in Aylesbury.
          hi adam,what benefit is there in swapping to a another alarm?

Comment

Re: Clifford remote start

Originally posted by david cobley
            Has anyone had this fitted??????

If so does it work ok, and how do u find it??

I have had a chance to get a clifford remote start ,turbo timer with proxy sensors and all the jaz.

Thank you

David
            as it goes it was arden who had 1 fitted give him a pm i spoke to him today it still aint right so be careful ok :wink:
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

yup like worsy says it was my car and nope it still aint right but i will explain it briefly .

i had a intelliguard 950 fit and it caused an electrical problem , my supplying dealer rectified the problem but it reoccured on roadtest for them !!! they did however offer to replace the damaged part again under warranty once the brain of the alarm was removed ! so this i did altho the dealer said that if i refit the alarm they would void the warranty on said part !!

directed electronics , did not however want the alarm to be removed and had me take the vxr to another clifford dealer who they got to remove the old alarm loom and wire a new 950 in as per their instuctions!

to cut a very long story short this too caused electrical problems, which i had to get rectfied at a differant vaux dealer who would not look at the car until the alarm was removed!!

clifford will not put another alarm into my car until a canbus module is available to prevent further damage!!

as for adams car , if i remember correctly his alarm installer had to do some rewiring to the car to overcome an electrical fault similar to mine!!!

if you look in your passenger side quarter paner the large electrical box is the part that blows and mine has had 3 new ones due to the 2 clifford alarms being fit

sorry for such a long post but i hope this helps anyone who is thinking of upgrading alarms .

like worsy says if you need to know more pm me your no and i will be more than glad to advise :?

Comment

hi arden
                sorry to hear about your motor.
                what advantages were you hoping for from the new alarm?

Comment

well pretty much the same as the old 950 ........dual zone proximity , anti tilt sensor, glass break sensor and blakjak anti hijack which is an amazing feature!!

clifford say that when the canbus module is available any thing the car can do via canbus the alarm will be able to do aswell.

remote start should be achievable aswell altho i will believe it when i c it , i will be happy just to have it not f**k the car upagain :wink:

Comment

there you go i'm a mind of useful info sometimes
                    sigpic
                    M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                      there you go i'm a mind of useful info sometimes
                      only sometimes lol :wink:

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

not very often may i say tho lol :wink:
                        sigpic
                        M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by leepy
                          Originally posted by Adam
                          hi adam,what benefit is there in swapping to a another alarm?
                          The reason I have done it is because, once a thief knows how to disable one astra alarm he can do them all as they are all fitted the same way. An after market alarm can have the modules put anywhere in the car, and has features like blackjax, where even if the thief has your keys and alarm fob they cannot drive off with out your security code, or the warn away buzz if people are peering through your windows. The only car i have had without a clifford was a GSI and it was stolen. On recovery I asked the guy what the box in the passenger footwell was, he laughed and said your alarm mate!

Comment

Originally posted by arden
                            yup like worsy says it was my car and nope it still aint right but i will explain it briefly .

i had a intelliguard 950 fit and it caused an electrical problem , my supplying dealer rectified the problem but it reoccured on roadtest for them !!! they did however offer to replace the damaged part again under warranty once the brain of the alarm was removed ! so this i did altho the dealer said that if i refit the alarm they would void the warranty on said part !!

directed electronics , did not however want the alarm to be removed and had me take the VXR to another clifford dealer who they got to remove the old alarm loom and wire a new 950 in as per their instuctions!

to cut a very long story short this too caused electrical problems, which i had to get rectfied at a differant vaux dealer who would not look at the car until the alarm was removed!!

clifford will not put another alarm into my car until a canbus module is available to prevent further damage!!

as for adams car , if i remember correctly his alarm installer had to do some rewiring to the car to overcome an electrical fault similar to mine!!!

if you look in your passenger side quarter paner the large electrical box is the part that blows and mine has had 3 new ones due to the 2 clifford alarms being fit

sorry for such a long post but i hope this helps anyone who is thinking of upgrading alarms .

like worsy says if you need to know more pm me your no and i will be more than glad to advise :?
                            Hi,
                            sorry to hear you have not had any joy yet mate.
                            I see your up Yorkshire way, I was gonna say when you come round to doing it again try the guys I used but Aylesbury is a bit of a treck for an alarm!! I'm sure if you do have any problems in the future they would be happy to advise over the phone.
                            I totally agree with you it is a gamble, and knowing what I know now I think I was extreemly lucky. My rewiring was due to the interior light staying on, but other than that they must have just been lucky! Like you said the 950 is a great alarm and loaded with useful features but the canbus adapter is due soon and I recon this is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                            X