This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well here is a vid of my car on the rollers:

When the car was run on the rollers it had 1/4 tank of 95 mixed with 3/4 of 97 (didn't get chance to run in fully with 97). I used to run the car on 95 all the time as my company only allows me to buy 95 on a fuelcard, however on the way down I put 97 in when refuelling as I'm aware a mapped car should not run on anything lower. From now on it will be 97+ as I'm now footing fuel bill. Because of this we left the car on a slightly less aggressive map but, and you'll see from the stats below, once the car is fully on 97+ and the ECU has adjusted it'll be pushing the 295 mark.

The charts show two lines with two maps which we tried out. The more aggressive map produced 298.9BHP @ 5482 and 329.2 LbsFt @ 3998. The less aggressive produced 292.5BHP @ 5537 and 313.4 LbsFt @ 3949. When running the aggressive map the knock was up to 6 degress of retardation being reported, and none on the less aggressive. After chatting with Jon and explaining the fuel it was decided that less aggressive map was better and once learned with the new fuel the car would be producing 295.

At some point I'll have to get a few tanks of 99/V-Power through and then get it onto rollers as that could well be hitting 300, or even 300+ if I took the more aggressive map.

All in all really happy with the results and again many thanks to all at Courts.

Comment

• Great results mate. Bet it was worth the long drive down and back. I'm very jealous!

Comment

• Oh yes very well worth it. Will drop you a line when I come back and let you have look round it - possibly a little test drive as well

Comment

• Nice 1 Alex, enjoy

Comment

• Glad you got your figs Alex - nice to meet you there

Comment

• Thanks guys. Me, nice to meet yourself and baz too, looking forward to drive to luton tommorow, just know it's gonna be fun .

Comment

• Nice one alex welcome to the club mate. Alex can you give a report on the APs once you have them bedded in, thats going to be my next mod but holding on to see what they do with the 6 pots for the vectra think thay are looking in to astra fit for fronts and vented rears?.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

• Great to be a member of the club
                  Will certainly post up once I put a few hundred miles through the brakes, which will probably be Wednesday when I travel home. They already feel great, so I'm sure they'll be fab once fully bedded in.

Comment

Working...
                  X