This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone bought a tracker?

I'm thinking about getting the Horizon, as it's GPS. Does anyone know about the cheaper ones, that work on radio waves? It looks like the police can only pick it up if they are near the vehicle.
    Views appriciated.

Hi,

I have just ordered my VXR, and I was going to get a tracker fitted before I pick it up.

I just cant decide if its worth it mind.. I mean drime in my area is pretty low.. I mainly want it for the reduction in insurance per month..

Comment

I think it's a good idea. The alarm & imobiliser are good. But what if someone nicks your keys or worse, mugs you as you get in. Saw that on crimewatch!

Comment

If my Vxr was nicked I wouldnt want it back, some kid bouncing it off the rev limiter, far better to have GAP insurance than a tracker IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by lampshade
          If my VXR was nicked I wouldnt want it back, some kid bouncing it off the rev limiter, far better to have GAP insurance than a tracker IMHO
          yeh i agree they aint gonna drive it like miss daisy if they nick it so keep it and get a new 1
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

If you get your car back and it's just been raced and a small amount of damage, I'm not sure they'll just give you a new VXR under GAP insurance. Sure, if you never get it back. 50/50 chance? A tracker will help catch the *******

Comment

I had Tracker Monitor on my Rx7 before my VXR. I had to have one as part of the insurance criteria. I felt personally that it was a bit of a waste of money, as if the car had been pinched I wouldnt of wanted it back as they would of killed the engine and wrecked the rest of it! Plus you have to pay an annual subscription or a one-off life time lump sum. But then again depending on how you look at it, it does give you good piece of mind knowing you're car is where you left it.

I know it definately works though, because I was taking it somewhere by trailer and Tracker phoned me up before i'd got halfway down my road and asked me if I knew where my Rx7 was!

Comment

i can`t imagine getting hijacked
                if that did happen(touch wood it did`nt) and a got my car back but there was small damage to alloys(if there still on) body work,interior,engine i would never want the car back.ever.imagine losing your no claim to that

Comment

Originally posted by n7ckster
                  I had Tracker Monitor on my Rx7 before my VXR. I had to have one as part of the insurance criteria. I felt personally that it was a bit of a waste of money, as if the car had been pinched I wouldnt of wanted it back as they would of killed the engine and wrecked the rest of it! Plus you have to pay an annual subscription or a one-off life time lump sum. But then again depending on how you look at it, it does give you good piece of mind knowing you're car is where you left it.

I know it definately works though, because I was taking it somewhere by trailer and Tracker phoned me up before i'd got halfway down my road and asked me if I knew where my Rx7 was!
                  how did they know you were not driving it?

Comment

I think as far as i'm aware, there's a motion sensor that they hide within the car thats linked to the ignition. If the ignition isnt on but the motion sensor goes off, it alerts Tracker. Then they phone you up.

If you confirm it has been stolen, they active a part of the device which gives out a silent signal allowing the local constabulary to pin point its location and hopefully catch the thieving scum!!

Comment

sounds like a good idea.
                      i had one on my scoob but i don`t think i ever talked to anyone bar insurance about it,god know if it was working!

Comment

Working...
                      X