This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had my first service today

ive been busy today, service and lowering lol.

was a bit peed off that i had to give vaux 125 quid for some kid to do an oil change on my car but i suppose its worth it for the warranty.

anyway....

checked the milage before and after, and nothing, no test pilots or nothing. they did the service, cleaned it and give it back in perfect working order. quite pleased with the service tbh.

but another question... when the service light is on does the ecu prevent full power because i can swear my car is faster now the service light is turned off :?
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

did mine myself at 3000 wi genuine vauxhall gear , cost me just short of £20 :wink:

what you using to lower yours ?

Comment

ignore the previous post i just coppd for your lowered post :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by arden
        did mine myself at 3000 wi genuine vauxhall gear , cost me just short of £20 :wink:

4 sacks of spuds :wink:

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

i dont think i told anyone about when i test drove a vxr, and the sales bloke (who was younger than me, and im 21) drove from round the back in it, and said, "so...is this the 1.6?"

my reply was...."move over" as i screeched away from the forecourt.

haha

Comment

nice one thats class

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by arden

thats all good and well but no stamp, no warranty lol.

im a mechanic/engineer so im pretty competant at doing an oil change but this is vauxs way of pulling down your pants and shafting over 100 quid out of you.

unfortunatly, it had to be paid. not a lot i can do about it if i want my warranty.
              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

i know what your saying about warranty ,but the car is only7mth old and has at present got 4000 on the clock !!

when its a yr old i will take it to a vaux dealer for service to avoid any warranty issues !

but like i said i used genuine vaux parts so its not like vauxwill be taking a halfords filter off when they service it :wink:

Comment

oh right, my bad.

mine was its first year service. had to get it done. only got 5500 mile on clock as well.
                  stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Had my oil done yesterday at my local vaux for 45 quid inc parts and labour! Slightly off the subject, but you can request the car is not test driven. On an oil change it shouldnt need to be driven. Not with my astra but my corsa they had to replace the throttle body and i told them no test drives and they obided by it! Its your car at the end of the day, so as far as i am concerned its my say so who drives it!

Comment

The oil change cost me £36 as they put fully sinthetic oil in, Do What oil are you ment to put in the car ??????????????

Comment

Servce

I would go with magnatech personally!

Comment

magnatech is the worst oil anyone can ever put in an engine.

ive been around engine builders for a couple of years, working on tuned turbos and the like and its a known fact that magnatech is the worst oil ever.
                          stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Anyone living around the leeds area, if you go to A.S.K in Kippax they are selling Vauxhall 5w 30 fully synthetic for £17 or £18 cant remember which, I think thats about trade club price, plus they have tonnes of other stuff too

Comment

Working...
                            X