This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP. Keyless entry and start?

Hi i have ordered my car but have decided to add options at the last minute, im adding parking sensors because the rear visiblility is "restricted" and was not sure about keyless entry, that was untill my mate had a company car from vauxhall as he works there, the system worked very well and was quite nifty, one question though, if you walk away and forget to touch it or lock it with the key fob, what happens?

also what are people long term use like does it still work well, any gremlins?

any help much appreciated

PS.is it worth it too

Arden one has it on his car!!! send him a PM!! he will help you out on your questions

Comment

Ive got Keyless Entry aswell, its the best thing ever..... If you dont touch the car to lock it, it will do it itself when you have walked away from the car try it this way, leave the thob in the house walk up to the car and pull the handle and it wont open, when the thob is in range of the car then only it will open.....One bad point is if you get out of the car and the car is ON it makes a Bell noise but the car does not turn itself off so im thinkin if someone jumps in and drives off then your in the crap.......

Comment

M1-8hav if someone were to get in a drive off while you had the keys in your pocket would the car cut out when it got out of range? if not thats poop

Comment

Mate to tell you the truth i gonna try that with the Mrs im gonna start the car tell her to drive off and see if the car stops, but thats dangerous if the car just cuts out, if someone jumps in and trys to get away, there not gonna drive slow are they so, my answer is im gonna try it with the Mrs drivin it away and see what happens....lol....

Comment

cool let me know what happens mate, im hoping it slows and stops or cut out.

dont know if this keyless entry will be more hassle than its worth, its soooo cool pressin that start button though to fire it up!

Comment

Re: HELP. Keyless entry and start?

Originally posted by shadbor
              Hi i have ordered my car but have decided to add options at the last minute, im adding parking sensors because the rear visiblility is "restricted" and was not sure about keyless entry, that was untill my mate had a company car from vauxhall as he works there, the system worked very well and was quite nifty, one question though, if you walk away and forget to touch it or lock it with the key fob, what happens?

also what are people long term use like does it still work well, any gremlins?

any help much appreciated

PS.is it worth it too
              Good call on the rear PDC Russ, mine has saved a bill from 'chipsaway' a couple of times already :?
              sigpic

Comment

Yes its a great system, the car wont cut out if the engine is running. If you walk away from the car it should lock itself after about a minute, but dont rely on this! Ultimatley the keys need to be in the car to start the engine (pocket is fine), I have stood out the car with the door open whilst a mate tried to start it and it would not start just beeped.

Comment

This is what im think now if the car is on and then you step out of the driver seat someone else jumps in and drives away will the car stop ???? Do you see what i mean so in that case the car is gone and you have just lost 20k......I do think the car should cut out ...????????

Comment

The rule is to make sure you always turn yr engine off when gettiing out... its not difficult. Never leave it running and you will be fine. Even if you turn it off and leave it unlocked the engine wobt start without the key being inside the car so you will be fine.

Comment

Arden_one is completely right, if the engine is started and the key holder is out side the car can be driven away without the key fob, and cannot be turned off even if you try, i just tried it on my mates, however this is no different to you leaving your engine running on a key car, its something you just dont do, regardless if its keyless or not,

plus if your within proximity to open the door, this is still not close enough to start it, you have to be right near the dash with they key, so if someone did jump in they could nt start it, plus only one or two cars will ever have this so theyre not even gonna know if there should be keys or a button anyway till they get in. there is no reduction in security to my knowledge.

just a good bit of kit as far as i can see.

Comment

There is also something else you have to do to make it work, it is NOT just press a button. I dont want to say what it is on here for our security, but, there is another action you have to take aswell as pushing the starter button, and it is not obvious so that is an added security feature. Its totally safe, trust me.

Comment

Is it a secret question that you have to ask the car?? and the car has to get the answer correct??

Comment

It involves a little dance routine that one has to do within the car, do it correct and your away, do it wrong and your VXR turns ST Orange!

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
                              It involves a little dance routine that one has to do within the car, do it correct and your away, do it wrong and your VXR turns ST Orange!

ST orange!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Working...
                              X