This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Mods and Warrenties

All, just bought my first VXR for a decent price from a dealer (following my other thread) and i am already starting to think about upping the power

Having seen the recent coverage in Total Vauxhall with the VXR's on the rollers I was disappointed with the figures they were getting, and have decided to maybe get a remap and zorst etc...

What does this mean to the warrenty? The bloke at Network Q said that it would totally invalidate any warrenty and not to do it...

So how do you lot get around this? (if you do!)

tell him he is talking sh***!!!! Milltek is a vauxhall approved exhaust anyway!! and any decent vauxhall approved dealer or tuner will back you up if you have a problem with any mods that they have fitted

OH!! and WELCOME!!!

Comment

Thanks Nelly!

So if I were to get a stage one remap, it will still be under Vaux warrenty?

Comment

I don't think you will have a problem, , just get it done by a reputable tuner, and you shouldn't have any probs, the tuner will almost certainly be on your side should anything go wrong, but its not likely!! so long as you stick with a good one. I use my tuner for my warranty work aswell .

Comment

Whilst on about remaps and warranty, how long do the tuners actually warrant there work?

Is is 12month, 24 months, or 36 months?

Comment

i suppose it depends on which tuner?? what you had done?? is it there fault?? is it wear & tear?? or is it a manufacturing issue. I think most reputable tuners mentioned on here will warranty all there work and put things right if there was a problem FOC or come to a compromise if not there fault!! don't think time scale would be much of an issue, to a certain extent!!

Comment

I just wondered as its nothing that ive ever seen mentioned or asked before....

Comment

The NetQ guy is factually correct, technically your Vauxhall warranty will not cover any modifications to the car at all regardless of tuner (this INcludes VXRPC who are no different to Courtenay/Regal in this regard). Bascially if the modification causes a problem to the car then the Vauxhall waranty will not cover that problem. However all the tuners warranty their work so if you do have a problem your port of call is back to the tuner, of course the issue becomes a bit of a pita going back and forth between tuner and dealer if each one blames the other for the problem.

FOr TMS as we're the ONLY tuner who are also able to provide Vauxhall (and NetQ) warranty covered work the process is a bit clearer as if the problem is down to the car then Vauxhall/NetQ cover it and if its down to our tuning then we cover it, either way you don't pay. For this reason our warranty on all of our tuning work is identical to Vauxhalls - 3 years/60k miles, I think the other tuners are 12 months (although I maybe wrong on that, I'm sure someone will pop up and tell me if I am)

There are also various specific products which are officially covered by Vauxhall themselves (although in practice it actually means the end supplier provide umbrella back up for their product in terms that Vauxhall agree are acceptable, ie you claim off Vauxhall and Vauxhall simply pass the claim to the supplier and they agree to replace without question). The products currently include the Milltek SPort VXR exhausts and the AP Racing VXR brake kit. There are likely to be others but they will never cover ECU tuning, this will always be the responsibility of the tuner.

Comment

Im pretty lucky my dealer told me if the work is done by VXRPC then they will honour all aspects of the warrenty as at the end of the day there work must be to a high standard because they have there 888's in the showroom...

Bit hypacrtical (excuse the spelling its 10 am on a sunday) if they will sell there cars but not honour there work, that was my service managers words.....

You could always try throwing that one at them if they argue when they wont honour your knackered seat because you have a remap ha lol..

I can imagine some dealers excuses er yeah because your car is now faster your seat has broke prematurely.....

Comment

Originally posted by VXR ned
                    Im pretty lucky my dealer told me if the work is done by VXRPC then they will honour all aspects of the warrenty as at the end of the day there work must be to a high standard because they have there 888's in the showroom...

Bit hypacrtical (excuse the spelling its 10 am on a sunday) if they will sell there cars but not honour there work, that was my service managers words.....

You could always try throwing that one at them if they argue when they wont honour your knackered seat because you have a remap ha lol..

I can imagine some dealers excuses er yeah because your car is now faster your seat has broke prematurely.....
                    Did you get your car from thurlby motors then i did as well top guys

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Cheers Thorney, so I would be Ok if I were jsut to get a Miltek and remap?

Comment

Your Vauxhall warranty would cover the exhaust (essentially covered by us) and whatever tuner you went with would cover you for the remap.

Comment

I have a standard astra VXR with 2500 miles. I also have £1700 to spend. I would only get the car tuned by Thorney due to the 3 year warranty. I want 300BHP...

Is this possible? If so where is your nearest base to Surrey...

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
                            I have a standard astra VXR with 2500 miles. I also have £1700 to spend. I would only get the car tuned by Thorney due to the 3 year warranty. I want 300BHP...

Is this possible? If so where is your nearest base to Surrey...
                            The TMS stage 3 will give you c. 300 (depending on std car's output).
                            The nearest base to Surrey would be Milton Keynes :wink:
                            You could do it in easy stages, your Milltek fitted at any VX dealer, and the TMS Software Maps are licensed through the Superchips network (national), so theoretically you would just need to go to MK for the IC fitment.
                            Probably easier, get a better deal and better service if you venture north to the land of roundabouts get it in one go and a have really rewarding drive home
                            sigpic

Comment

Thats what I want, drive in at 9am in one car andl eave at 5 in a different one. I want to do one trip, and thats it. Dont mind going north, depends what they can offer in 1 day.

Comment

Working...
                              X