This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Happy

I brough a used vxr the other day and when i brough it they said it had one previous owner.

Well i havnt got the log book back yet but in the service book it has two previous owners in it?

So i will be the 3rd owner. does this matter on price when i come to sell it??

mine was a vaux demo car, then the person who i bought it off got it with a couple of mile on.

so mines had 2 previous owners.

got it real cheap though so i aint that bothered.

i wouldnt worry about it mate, as you will never want to sell it anyway
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
      mine was a vaux demo car, then the person who i bought it off got it with a couple of mile on.

so mines had 2 previous owners.

got it real cheap though so i aint that bothered.

i wouldnt worry about it mate, as you will never want to sell it anyway
      Very true my friend i love it to bits best thing i have ever brought

Comment

its fair to say it will effect the resale value.not by much,but enough to be a little cheesed off

Comment

If you had it written anywhere that you will be the 2nd owner they have breached their contract and you can complain to VX HO.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
            If you had it written anywhere that you will be the 2nd owner they have breached their contract and you can complain to VX HO.
            might be worth a shot.at the very least you might get money off a service or totally free.as long as you appear firm but reasonable(until they tell you to **** off ).

Comment

i wouldnt bother writing to vauxhalls it dont get you anywhere just be pleased with the car and give the dealer a mouthful you might get something out of em but i doubt it
              sigpic
              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
              M.U.F.C.
              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Well i had ago at them nicley, sayin i wasnt happy and they have given me a full tank of fuel (shell v power) and they are going to do the first service when it is due, Feb 24th.

So cant complain really.

They did a network Q service before i collected the car.(Changed the oil)

But they are going to service it again in feb so i get the vauxhall stamp in the book and an invoice.

David

Comment

Originally posted by david cobley
                  Well i had ago at them nicley, sayin i wasnt happy and they have given me a full tank of fuel (shell v power) and they are going to do the first service when it is due, Feb 24th.

So cant complain really.

But they are going to service it again in feb so i get the vauxhall stamp in the book and an invoice.

David
                  sounds ok.
                  are the services free?

Comment

Originally posted by leepy
                    Originally posted by david cobley

So cant complain really.

David
                    sounds ok.
                    are the services free?
                    Oh yes defo free

Comment

Gonna stick my neck out here and say that i would be furious with that situation....
                      My opinion and my opinion only but if anything happened in the next year lets say and you had to sell the car for any reason it would be a new model with three owners and i would wonder why a car like this has changed hands so much......
                      It would worry me aswell why it has had 2 owners already?
                      Is 1 because it is a pre reg and why has the last person sold it to vauxhall because generally people only chop in for a better car?

I would even go as far as saying that this has broken the original contract between yourself and the garage and as mel says if in writing i believe you could ask for a full refund under the trade descriptions act?(am i wrong here? Not sold as described and all that?)
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                        i wouldnt bother writing to vauxhalls it dont get you anywhere just be pleased with the car and give the dealer a mouthful you might get something out of em but i doubt it
                        If you shout loud enough they do listen, I had a few problems with my prev sxi before the VXR... They ended up upgrading my sxi to the VXR and taking a very nice slice of cash off for my previous problems. Must admit it was peeling paint and engine problems but they do help sumtiimes.

Comment

Working...
                        X