X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravejay
    replied
    Found out today it's not only Vauxhall knocking the analogue temperature gauge on the head - my mate's new Citroen C2 VTS is also missing one!

Annnnyyyway, cheers for the help guys - much appreciated - all I've got to do now is find the right car!

Leave a comment:

• VXRich
    replied
    Originally posted by Arden_One
    Thats is COOLANT TEMP and NOT OIL TEMP.

There is no way on the VXR to measure oil temperature.
    i think you'll find most cars are fitted with coolant temp gauges and NOT oil temp gauges

Leave a comment:

• Dazturbo6502
    replied
    As Aussie Says

It is all controlled by an engine cooling module, which would illuminate the Engine Management light if a fault occured and temps raised above the Set safety parameters.

Nothing to worry about dude, besides, Vauxhall state that the car is up to 'Operating Temp' after 1 minute anyway - something to do with complying with Emission standards

Leave a comment:

• Aussie
    replied
    the VXR does have a warning if levels raise to a dangerous level, it will appear on the dash and also on the centre screen as a warning display, all ecu controlled so didnt warrent having a temp gauge.

Leave a comment:

• Arden_One
    replied
    Thats is COOLANT TEMP and NOT OIL TEMP.

There is no way on the VXR to measure oil temperature.

Leave a comment:

• VXRich
    replied
    you have to do it when ever you start the car. removing the key resets the screen.

its worth having on when you start up first thing, or when not been driven for a while, just till it gets to 80. the V figure next to the T is also your speed in KPH while the top figure is air temp at intake

Leave a comment:

• Ravejay
    replied
    Cheers mate! That's put my mind at rest

Leave a comment:

• VXRich
    replied
    you can get a temp display through the radio/screen. its easy enough and found here....

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=2472

it is a bit if a daft idea, but, i like the look of the dash because its 'tidy'

Leave a comment:

• Ravejay
    started a topic VXR question......

VXR question......

Hello! After what seems like an eternity I've finally managed to sell my old MK4 Astra GSi turbo, and I'm in the market for a current 'hot hatch'. My mind was fully made up on an Astra VXR (of course :wink: ) but the fact it doesn't have a temperature gauge is really bugging me. Does anyone know Vauxhall's thinking behind this? To me, it's nothing but warranty-suicide to release any car (let alone a turbo'd one!) onto the market without one.

Is there a suitable after-market item available? Or (if I moan, like, really hard) will the dealerships supply and fit one for me?

I loathe the new Focus ST(ale?) but the promised all-singing-all-dancing new 300BHP AWD Focus RS might just make me wait a wee bit longer!

Many thanks in advance!!
Working...
X