This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which tuner to go for??

courtenays or thorney - is the courtenay intercooler the better option?
    looking a other posts this seems the way to go, yes or no help?
    courtenays stage 3 looks to have good results has anyone had a stage 3 from thorney motorsport so i can compare figures?
    i will be having a stage 3 upgrade form the best one.

i spent a while wondering about this and after some questions i decided to go with courts, its furthest from me but i think gives some great results and great after sales help
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

im in the same boat at the min mate. im at stage 2 now and im wanting to go stage 3.

im not too sure wether thorney do an intercooler as it says on there site they use a charge cooler. ive used charge coolers before and im not too keen on them tbh because of the amount of parts they use and the fact that the water thats supposed to cool it starts to get warm after a while defeating the point in having it.

if thorney do an intercooler option then maybe id consider them but upto now i think im swaying more towards courtenay sport.

maybe the tuners would like to comment on this?
      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

mate i think you should give all the tuners (TMS, VPC, Courtenays & Regal) a call and have a chat about what they can offer (very similiar across the board on what is offered and results) then you can make the decision on where to spend your money,

happy tuning

Comment

i see you are running thorney stage 3 so what power are you running

Comment

TMS stage 3 also incorperates a larger fmic, at present there is a few guys running around with their stage 3 and are very impressed, i had the fmic fitted and they seen performance figures much the same as the other tuners stage 3 cars that are getting about but at present mine is in helping with another development on a similair level.

Comment

do you have any current figures for your own vehicle, this would give me some idea for which tuner to go for?

Comment

not my own no as its being used for developing something else, it had the current PACE IC fitted that is part of the stage 3 some of the guys on here currently have but didnt stay on and is being set up for something else,

have a look further down the list and there is a thread for the TMS stage 3 one guy has had and he should be able to proviide you with the figures or power he is running as mine will be a different set up to his, what i know figures range between 290-300bhp at the flywheel

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=2814

Comment

My personal preference is VXR PC or Courts. They both worked together to develop the intercooler. It is however who you call and feel the most happy with.

Comment

cheers, is tms intercooler the same as courtenays old intercooler

Comment

different design, size and blumping route, TMS worked with PACE

http://www.paceproducts.net/

Comment

I dont want to start a major debate but I believe TMS was based on Courts old one but they have then developed it into their own. I then know that Courts and VXRPC worked on their old style one to create their current version. There was a massive thread a little while ago which got a lil heated about this subject.

Sorry if any info is incorrect - Dont want to start another 15page thread!!

I am having a stage 3 next week and have chosen to go to Courts to have it fitted. Stage 2 was done at VXR PC - both of these tuners I highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                          different design, size and blumping route, TMS worked with PACE

http://www.paceproducts.net/
                          thanks for that aussie does that mean that tms are bringing the intercooler to the front like the current courtyenay /vxrpc cooler .
                          as to my mind and little technical knowledge this must be the best place for it surely!

Comment

give them a call mate as they may have a few things to offer and will have a choice with what you wont and how much you are willing to spend

Comment

i personally use courtenays, have used them as a tuner for years now there knowledge service and workmanship is second to none with 20 years vauxhall tuning experience you will not be disapointed with the results, i personally think there intercooler set up is better than tms but the decision is down to you happy tuning and welcome to the site

Comment

Working...
                              X