X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full System, is it really worth it!

OK, I’m looking at stage 2 now.

Is a Full system really worth getting?

From the exhaust your gonna get 15bhp(ish)

Pre-Cat and exhaust system cost £600
    With a gain of around 10bhp

Full system
    £1200
    5bhp gain

That’s £600 for 5 bhp. I’m really thinking of sticking full system and getting cat-back. 600 quid for 5 bhp is a bit to much.

What you guys think about it?
    sigpic

I had a full miltek with the stage 2. I dont know how the power compares to if I only had a section but my figs are now 285bhp and 310lb ft.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thats the same figure I'd be getting but with cat back. Thats why I dont see the point in the full
      sigpic

Comment

Because you will never get the sound, like you do with the full milltek and believe me it is worth it!!

Comment

unless you guys are running on the same dyno same day same environment blah blah blah and at the wheels you cant really compare flywheel peak power figures from one tuner to the next, get it out on the road (eg old airfield) and let the car do the talking

alex c can give you the results he obtained with a full milltek on a dyno just recently, there is a thread somewhere, i think its the Courtenays open day thread, should give you an idea of what can be achieved

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
            unless you guys are running on the same dyno same day same environment blah blah blah and at the wheels you cant really compare flywheel peak power figures from one tuner to the next, get it out on the road (eg old airfield) and let the car do the talking

alex c can give you the results he obtained with a full milltek on a dyno just recently, there is a thread somewhere, i think its the Courtenays open day thread, should give you an idea of what can be achieved
            OK, on an airstrip you may notice BUT how often do we pop down to our local airstrip. Everyday driving I cant see the improvement.
            sigpic

Comment

It is down to personal pref, I believe Alex_c got 15bhp improvment with the full system. Also the noise the miltek gives you cant be compared to the standard exhaust!!

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                It is down to personal pref, I believe Alex_c got 15bhp improvment with the full system. Also the noise the miltek gives you cant be compared to the standard exhaust!!
                Tottaly agree. I'm not saying "Dont get anything", I just think cat back is more value for money. Like you said 15bhp for full system and about 10bhp for cat back.
                sigpic

Comment

I was lucky over the fact I was able to drive a stage 2 with a full, standard with a full (demo VXR) and standard car with standard exhaust (mine before mod) and one with just the back (another demo) and was able to decide which felt and sounded the best and suited me. I wanted the popping and throaty sound of the full miltek which why I opted that way.

I dont know if you take it to stage 3 whether you need a full system? I suppose it depends on where you want to stop with the tuning.

Comment

just so many dont get confused a cat back system does not usually incorperate a de-cat down pipe, now the de-cat down pipe (power pipe etc) is what gives up to 6-8 bhp increase, the full system with a race cat (the expensive part) is not all about peak bhp figures, it is also known to hold those figures longer across the rev range and a nice increase in usuable torque, the standard main cat can be obstructive and will strangle the power created by the removal of the pre cat and the achieved peak figures will drop off much more so than a full system.
                    A full system is more than just peak power figures gained!

Comment

Its all so confusing. If they just made full system it would be easy
                      sigpic

Comment

Re: Full System, is it really worth it!

Originally posted by DargY
                        OK, I’m looking at stage 2 now.

Is a Full system really worth getting?

From the exhaust your gonna get 15bhp(ish)

Pre-Cat, D-Cat and exhaust system cost £600
                        With a gain of around 10bhp

Full system
                        £1200
                        5bhp gain

That’s £600 for 5 bhp. I’m really thinking of sticking full system and getting cat-back. 600 quid for 5 bhp is a bit to much.

What you guys think about it?
                        you get the full system now then when you go too stage 3 you only have the i/c to fork out for cos trust me you will want the 3 everybody wants the 3
                        sigpic
                        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                        M.U.F.C.
                        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I hear ya. I keep telling myself this is it, Exhaust only.

I could do it in smaller sections. Cat back system then get the sports cat and then stage 3.
                          sigpic

Comment

its up to you it's your wonga but like someone said earlier the sound alone did it for me
                            sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

But im sure it will still sound good without the sports cat.

How old are btw wors?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X