X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 1 remap

Hello everyone

I have been driving my vxr for 3 days now and can i just say i love it.

I am looking at getting a stage 1 remap already.

How much difference does it make and is it worth getting????

anyone????

David

it all depends on what your looking for in the long run?? If you want a cheap way of gettin sum extra power, and don't plan anything else for a while then this is the route to go down!!

Comment

yea all i want to do is dump valve remap and spray my wheels, apart from that i need to save some money so wont be for a year or so untill i do anthing else. i wont some extra power.

Comment

As for the dump valve, you won't gain anything from this!! and that includes the sound aswell!!! but other people have there own opinions, i think most will tell you there not really worthwhile

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
          As for the dump valve, you won't gain anything from this!! and that includes the sound aswell!!! but other people have there own opinions, i think most will tell you there not really worthwhile

It is my first Turbo car so i want a dump valve, i drove an astra coupe a few weeks back and the dump valve on that was loud.

I am still young so just want the sound.lol

David

Comment

tbh id get the full miltek first, which will give better looks, over 10 bhp and make it sound fantastic. then id go with the remap later on.

that will bring you upto about 275-280 bhp.

i think they will only map it so far with the standard exhaust. i think a basic remap on a totally standard motor will be about 255 -260bhp.
            stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

talk too a few lads on here who have them!! i think you will find that you can't really here them like you can on the older turbo cars!! I think its something to do with the dump valve that is already on the car?? but not 100% ask vxr dave!! thats if you ever see him on here again i think he is living in his car now somewere down south!!

Comment

The problem is i dont have a grand to spend

so 599 is alot more affordable

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
                  tbh id get the full miltek first, which will give better looks, over 10 bhp and make it sound fantastic. then id go with the remap later on.

that will bring you upto about 275-280 bhp.

i think they will only map it so far with the standard exhaust. i think a basic remap on a totally standard motor will be about 255 -260bhp.
                  thats right!! but if you get the full milltek and then a map you will be upto stage 2. obviously the exhaust allows you to take the mapping that little bit further hence the figures quoted!!

but nothing beats the sound of that exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by david cobley
                    The problem is i dont have a grand to spend

so 599 is alot more affordable
                    Map it is then!!!

Comment

well if its all you can afford and you really want it doin then go for it but the difference will minimal.then if you upgrade the exhaust later on you will have to map it again

have a save up and get the full stage 2. it'll be summit to look forward to
                      and you'll be over the moon with the results
                      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

!edited!

i miss read the post
                        stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Does anyone have just a remap???

how do you find it and is it much difference???

Comment

I got a Regal map, cost me £400 and its running at around 270-275 bhp.

Value for money.

andy16vturbo did you get your milltek fitted at Regal?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
                              well if its all you can afford and you really want it doin then go for it but the difference will minimal.then if you upgrade the exhaust later on you will have to map it again
                              We offer free map upgrades, once you've bought one you've bought them all.

Comment

Working...
                              X