This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dirty vxr mats

my mats are gettin bit dirty now with this horrible british winter weather lol especially the embroidered vxr logos looks bit yuk, just wondering if its ok to chuck them in the washing machine coolish wash and then tumble dry em,
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

i washed mine in the bath with dishwashing liquid and then let them dry natuarally, they came up really well

Comment

let me know if you get em in the washing machine and they come out alright ( probably the same size as the mini mats we have hey aussie ) otherwise get em dry cleaned that should do the trrick , i aint gonna bother till summer time like you said they are just gonna get dirty every week , washing machine as cracked me up
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I find turtle wax interior cleaner no1 with brush great on the mats, also seats and any carpet. Or.... Vanish stain foam remover for carpets! Means you dont have to take them out of the car either!

Comment

yeh i got some vanish the other day after the wife put a bag of chips on the seat and the grease came out and went all over the seat arrrrgh women just dont understand do they
          sigpic
          M.U.F.C.

Comment

I normally find its the men who dont understand.... must be a sex thing. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
              yeh i got some vanish the other day after the wife put a bag of chips on the seat and the grease came out and went all over the seat arrrrgh women just dont understand do they
              Are you sure it was grease Worsy???
              Sport button on??

Comment

mmmmm now i come to think about it she was out a while on her own :?
                sigpic
                M.U.F.C.

Comment

Always dry clean mine.....

They moan but hey

WHO CARES!!!

And go for the gold class as they have to resew edges if they frey....
                  HeavenlyDetail
                  Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I got free extra rubber mats from my dealer, and I am using it during the winter when salt and tar are at a maximum on the roads. I will use the fabric original ones in my car next summer. It's a lot easier to clean the rubber mats.
                    sigpic

Comment

I cleaned my acr today and used autogym on it. worked a treat

Comment

I find that a upholstery foam cleaner usually does the trick for the mats, always do mine with this and a warm damp cloth and they come up fine
                        sigpic
                        My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Megs APC with a VAX

Comment

I am running my old GSI mats at the moment for the winter, they fit quite well.....ish
                            Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Working...
                            X