X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andy16vturbo
    replied
    i only ran it at standard boost and i had bad traction problems cos the strip was wet.

i was doin late 13s but crossing the line at 110 mph. not ideal times but a really good terminal speed.

just before i sold it it was boosting to about 22psi as apposed to the 10 psi when i ran it down the strip plus i had launch control/ fancy boost controller.

i know a load of lad on migweb that do mid 12s in novas very similar set up to mine.

not bad for a car that gets no traction in 1st and 2nd

Leave a comment:

• Adski
    replied
    Thats quick :| Whats yours do? or you not run it?

Leave a comment:

• andy16vturbo
    replied
    theres a fwd nova with a tuned to hell 2l 8v with a hooge turbo used to do mid 11s which is ******* very very quick. alot of the cars similar state of tune to my old one where doin 12s

an astra vxr will do a 14.5

Leave a comment:

• Adski
    replied
    Any 1 got any videos of their motors doing the 1/4 mile?? Astra or Nova. Or..... Astra vs Nova. That`d b good

Leave a comment:

• andy16vturbo
    replied
    every biker does mate :wink:

Leave a comment:

• AlliRR
    replied
    shame you still dont have that car - I fancy my chances on my bike.... :wink:

Leave a comment:

• andy16vturbo
    replied
    yes, big motor bikes!

Leave a comment:

• TwinSport
    replied
    Motor bikes I guess!

Nice car, really! Must be fun driving it.

Leave a comment:

• AlliRR
    replied
    fat bikes?

Leave a comment:

• andy16vturbo
    replied
    im from hartlepool mate near newcastle.

my turbo nova was a salloon (yes a salloon) but it was bulit to piss people off.

and while yuor on power to weight.... i worked mine out at about 440 bhp per ton and yes it went like that as well

and just before everyone starts....

the vxr is infinatly better car, hence why i got rid of the nova and bought one but they cant be compared at all. the astra is fast but these things are in a league of there own.

i used to race fat bikes in that thing

Leave a comment:

• Scotty vxr
    replied
    Striped out nova's are

The fastest time i have ran in the vxr is a 14.4 at Crail, with a standard car and dry track. I find the the best way to launch is to get it rolling before nailing the throttle, otherwise you are sat their spinning on the line.

Andy - Am i right in thinking you are from the Aberdeen area? If so are you planning on going to any crail events this year' as i wouldn't mind seeing a tuned vxr in action.

Leave a comment:

• Ojc
    replied
    I've got a mint Nova and a Astra VXR as well :wink:

Leave a comment:

• TwinSport
    replied
    I want the VXR to be as fast as this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=yBEeo6l3a6s

Leave a comment:

• willf
    replied
    Originally posted by Phazer
    Originally posted by willf
    Hi mate, I also recognise you from Mig!

All growing up now eh? lol

It really is awesomeon the track and is sooo much fun to drive

Mine works out at well over 200 bhp per tonne, which can embarrass a LOT of cars on the M4, but it comes alive on the track!l
    Yes another bod from Mig I'm afraid :P

Yeah, Bought the Nova when I was 19, I'm nearly 29 now. From there via a Vectra GSi, Astra 2.2 and now the VXR but still got the Nova.

I'd love to track mine but that might have to wait until 2008. Going to have a nice big garage to work on it soon - going to fetch out all of the uncessary wiring and re-loom the DTA etc.
    Over 200bhp per ton must be fun - especially as I know very well the attitude of the drivers you then go on to embarress!
    Bought mine when I was 18 and still ahve it at the ripe old age of 27... its ace fun on track and relatively cheap to maintain etc... everyone's a winner!

Leave a comment:

• Daz5182
    replied
    i'm an ex nova driver, had two, when i was 17/18.

Absolutely love them, would love one again but there aren't any clean ones left. Yours look immaculate. Very very nice piece of kit that is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X