X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL Headlights - HELP!

Hi guys,

Just after some information regarding AFL headlights... have the chance to change mine from standard to these but wondering what I would need to put the car that I am swapping them with from AFL to standard? Its my mates car so he will be going from the AFL's to standard.

Cheers.

Obviously headlights.
    Both modules on the bottom of each light.
    Wiring loom unless you buy adapters from pecky
    Control module behind glovebox
    Rear axle sensor and bracket (on the rear axle)
    Tech 2 to program your car to define and his to standard

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtricky View Post
      Obviously headlights.
      Both modules on the bottom of each light.
      Wiring loom unless you buy adapters from pecky
      Control module behind glovebox
      Rear axle sensor and bracket (on the rear axle)
      Tech 2 to program your car to define and his to standard
      Thanks, yeah ive got the parts & lights. Its more for my mates car... what would involve doing putting standard headlights in his car with him currently have AFL headlights?

Comment

Imagine the wiring may need to be altered as afls require more, also tech 2 needs changing to standard instead of xenons

Pm pecky on here or on diagnostics.org.uk he's your man

Comment

You need to swap pins 6 and 7 over in each headlight and run a wire from the UEC to the light switch for the levelling to work when removing AFL.

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors
          www.diagnostics.org.uk

Comment

Thanks for that. so is that all I will need to get the normal headlights working in his car? And will I still need 2 headlight Earth mod looms when fitting the xenon headlights into my car? Thanks.

Comment

That is it for normal headlights on his car.

You need the earth mod doing, some chop the wiring inside the light, some buy my looms. Needs tech2 on your car and if you want them working you need the rest of the wiring for AFL fitting. It's not a separate loom so you can't extract the wires from your mates car.

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors
              www.diagnostics.org.uk

Comment

That's brilliant I get what you mean. So il need to find out exactly which looms il need for my car as I see there is two types and not 100% sure if mine are going to be AFLs or the BI-Xenon. What's the best way to find this out please? Soon as i know il be wanting to order the looms as not wanting to chop wires lol. Thanks again.

Comment

AFL has 2 boxes under each light, bi xenon has 1 box and a blank.

www.diagnostics.org.uk

Comment

That's great. Thanks a lot. Appreciate the help. Will be in touch regarding the looms.

Comment

Working...
                    X