This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR's eveywhere!

Just phoned Regal, they stated they would do a software map which would up the BHP to 275 and would take half an hour. Quoted £480 for the job, and an optional £60 extra for a RR test, before and after. Basiclly when you depress the Sport Button it releases the extra 40 odd BHP.

Sounds good to me, I asked about warranty. He said "it can't be seen, I've got loads of cars here, VXR's everywhere all running maps". I thought "hmmmmm" like it sounded too good to be true. He also mentioned it "might" affect the coil packs or other things but if so "just turn the sports button off and take it to the dealers".

This could be great, Im thinking of going down Thursday - any thoughts?

You've been around here long enough now to know that the remaps are worth the money.
    sigpic

Comment

Thats where I got mine. He said the same to me.

After the map I took mine to Thorney, who tech2'd it, found a problem with the coil and sparks and they were replaced for me. The map itself wont do anything to the coil pack it will just make the ECU retard more.

Phone Thorney before you get it done. Give them your chassis number and they will tell you if your car was in for the spark plug recall.

If not then all should be fine.
      sigpic

Comment

Has anyone got a map from thorney???

What bhp figures do you see??

I am really interested in geting this done very soon.

David

Comment

Different Dynos give different results so you cant compare a stage one from any of the tuners directly to another when ran on their own dyno's.
          I have a friend who has a Calibra with Regal work done. When he had the car on the rollers up north it was 32bhp less than what he got on Regals rollers. Nothinbg wrong with Regals dyno or their work just different day and different dyno.
          Its all good for the pub but the real proof is in the driving.

Comment

Re: VXR's eveywhere!

[quote="Arden_One"]
            Sounds good to me, I asked about warranty. He said "it can't be seen, quote]

If thats what he said word for word, doesnt sound like they would be too good in the event of a failure then. You and me might not be able to notice a map but if you had engine failure and took the car back to dealers do you think they might spot the map??

Comment

No
              sigpic

Comment

Exactky what I thought, hence the post. It was word for word, and to be fair, he did seem a bit hesitant and rushy. Suggested I bring it down today...

Im all for it but just wonder about that possibilty - it could get quite expensive and time consuming if something were to go wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by DargY
                  No
                  As long as you would be happy taking the chance, each to their own.

Comment

Im very tempted to go down the Thorney stage 2 route and just get it donw with.

Part of my problem is 1) The risk of a fault, I know it has not happened yet but this is still all quite new, VXR's and the tuning of them, and I am on the limits of my spend capacity already. I know the tuning goes back to way back when and have full confidence in all the tuners, but Im sure you understand my caution.

and 2) It must be harder to sell on privately, it must be. I know I would not buy a second hand tunes car. I dont intend on getting rid of the car for at least 3 years, but that day will come!

And its all YOUR fault that I am thinking of maps anyway, I wouldnt have bothered before!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
                      Im very tempted to go down the Thorney stage 2 route and just get it donw with.

Part of my problem is 1) The risk of a fault, I know it has not happened yet but this is still all quite new, VXR's and the tuning of them, and I am on the limits of my spend capacity already. I know the tuning goes back to way back when and have full confidence in all the tuners, but Im sure you understand my caution.

and 2) It must be harder to sell on privately, it must be. I know I would not buy a second hand tunes car. I dont intend on getting rid of the car for at least 3 years, but that day will come!

And its all YOUR fault that I am thinking of maps anyway, I wouldnt have bothered before!!!!
                      You wont complain when you have it done

Comment

Just called, waiting on a price. If its 1500 or less I may well go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
                          No
                          I took my car down to Thorney after I had my map. They gave me new plugs and coil pack under warrantee.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
                            No
                            I took my car down to Thorney after I had my map. They gave me new plugs and coil pack under warrantee.
                            I meant in the event of your engine failing etc, if Vauxhall discovered the map and refused to repair the car blaming the tuner where would it leave you. The rest of the tuners will warrant their work.

Comment

We have a new website up soon with all the details and dyno charts on all the stages, I hope to have it up today.

No map is 'invisible' and dealers are not so stupid that they will not notice a quick car, I'm what Regal meant to say was 'we warrant our work, if you have a problem bring it back here' rather than take it to a dealer who will sort any problems they may or may not have caused.

Comment

Working...
                              X